Windows 10: Lost Restore Point

Discus and support Lost Restore Point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; How can recover my last restore point that got pushed out of the way? 87448 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by doncole, Jun 23, 2017.

1. doncole Win User

Lost Restore Point

How can recover my last restore point that got pushed out of the way?

:)

doncole, Jun 23, 2017

2. lost all restore points

Until a few days ago I had 9 restore points. I tried one but it didn't work.

Now all my automatic restore points have disappeared. What has gone wrong?

StuartMorris_981, Jun 23, 2017
  3. lost system restore point

thanks

rampanthorse, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Lost Restore Point

Hi there, doncole. If you mean by "got pushed out of the way" that it's no longer listed because others took up the space, I'm afraid it may not be recoverable. System Restore files are stored in the "System Volume Information" folder of each drive. By default this folder is hidden. The contents are not viewable by even an elevated admin account and as a result Windows Explorer will show zero as the size.

What problems are you having?

Edit:

For the future you can set more room on your disk for more restore points to be allowed to be saved. The best is to create a system recovery drive.

Tony K, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

Lost Restore Point

1. Lost Restore Point - Similar Threads - Lost Restore Point

2. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  3. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  4. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync: After using Win 11 for a short time I noticed that time was not syncing anymore, not a big deal so I did not pursue it, however, I was trying to load some software and made an error which prevented it updating since it thought it had the update already. I figured it was...
  6. Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync: After using Win 11 for a short time I noticed that time was not syncing anymore, not a big deal so I did not pursue it, however, I was trying to load some software and made an error which prevented it updating since it thought it had the update already. I figured it was...
  7. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  8. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  9. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...