Windows 10: Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10

Discus and support Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have lost sound on Samsung laptop series 3 after latest windows 10 update. Volume is 100% not muted and troubleshooter audio says ok but not. used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidHolmes5, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10

I have lost sound on Samsung laptop series 3 after latest windows 10 update. Volume is 100% not muted and troubleshooter audio says ok but not. used Driver Support to clear up drivers but still same problem

:)

DavidHolmes5, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2018
  4. 1918 Win User

Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10

Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue

I was struggling with this over the past week when I finally upgraded and wanted to pass along how I fixed the problem. I found this PDF on the Samsung site and downloaded the Samsung SW Update listed in step 3.

Once I installed that all the functionality of my function keys returned. Hope this helps some sad late adopted like me.

Thema:

Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10

1. Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost sound samsung

2. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  3. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  4. Lost Sound on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Sound on Laptop: I have lost sound on my Dell laptop. It indicates no audio devices detected. I made no changes since last shutdown. Restart does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-on-laptop/d41b5961-be8c-4c27-9e5e-c510c737cd33
  5. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound: The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-upgrade-i-lost-sound/29fc1dbb-dc16-4b64-9d9b-c1bf030a5c2d
  6. KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop

KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop: After installation of KB4528760 my battery started to charge up to 100% instead of 80% and I couldn't make Samsung Settings software work. So I uninstalled KB4528760 and now I can extend my battery life again. Has anyone else reported this?...
  7. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor. Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the...
  8. Lost sound on laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost sound on laptop with windows 10: Lost sound on laptop three days ago and can not get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-on-laptop-with-windows-10/248cdd9f-2a0e-4f84-8c72-08150f093004
  9. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239
  10. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys. I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos. It does not work with brightness, backlight, wifi on/off, fan... etc. The key does work with volume so I know...