Windows 10: Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives.

Discus and support Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a bizarre problem that has crept up following the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, and that I that I can't save files off of the internet to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vlaphor, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Vlaphor Win User

Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives.

I have a bizarre problem that has crept up following the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, and that I that I can't save files off of the internet to the root of my C: or H: drives. I can save files to the roots of the other drives, and I can save files to folders in C&H drives, but not to the root of the drives. I get the error on H: that says "A Required Privilege is Not Held By The Client" and when I try to save in C: root, it tells me to contact the Admin, which I am. I can copy files from within the computer to the C&H roots, but not from the internet. I'm the only user of this computer and have already tried a wide variety of rights ownership methods to the drive, but that only seems to have taken in the folders and not the root. Thanks to anyone who can help.

:)

Vlaphor, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Vlaphor Win User

Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives

I have a bizarre problem that has crept up following the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, and that I that I can't save files off of the internet to the root of my C: or H: drives. I can save files to the
    roots of the other drives, and I can save files to folders in C&H drives, but not to the root of the drives. I get the error on H: that says "A Required Privilege is Not Held By The Client" and when I try to save in C: root, it tells me to contact the Admin,
    which I am. I can copy files from within the computer to the C&H roots, but not from the internet. I'm the only user of this computer and have already tried a wide variety of rights ownership methods to the drive, but that only seems to have taken in the folders
    and not the root.

I did find one solution online that did work, but it had problems of its own. It told me how to go into the registry to completely disable UAC, and that did let me download files off
    of the internet onto the H:\ drive...but with UAC off, then I can't use Microsoft Apps, some of which I kinda like. I swear that H: has the exact same permissions as the other drives that work just fine, but I can't save files off of the internet onto the
    root of H:\. I really, really don't want to do a fresh install as I have tons of tweaks that would take forever to reinstall, but this is infuriating and Google tells me that I'm the only person on the planet having this issue. Please help someone.

Vlaphor, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Vlaphor Win User
    Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives

I fixed it by moving all of the items off the drive and reformatting it.

Vlaphor, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives.

1. Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives. - Similar Threads - Lost ability save

2. Something removed my ability to save to my disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something removed my ability to save to my disk.: If i want to download something it says that i don't have permition to save files in this location:And even if i open the explorer i no longer have easy acces to create files just folders:I have already set the ownerhip of the drive:Did someone experienced this issue or...
  3. Something removed my ability to save to my disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something removed my ability to save to my disk.: If i want to download something it says that i don't have permition to save files in this location:And even if i open the explorer i no longer have easy acces to create files just folders:I have already set the ownerhip of the drive:Did someone experienced this issue or...
  4. Something removed my ability to save to my disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost my search ability.: Lost my ability to search with the search bar. Defender anti virus turns off. Black DOS screens pop up durring boot. Machine acts strange, slow at times. Using W10 64 bit with latest updates. Error code OX 80070483....
  6. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my search ability.: Lost my ability to search with the search bar. Defender anti virus turns off. Black DOS screens pop up durring boot. Machine acts strange, slow at times. Using W10 64 bit with latest updates. Error code OX 80070483....
  7. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.: All of a sudden when I right click DVD RW Drive it no longer show ability ti format or burn a disk, know it was available last month but it's gone now. Could this be due to an update??? Have tried various way to format but constantly get message "Windows can't read the disk...
  9. Lost the ability to update Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost the ability to update Windows: There are a number of us in the Windows Insider Program that have lost the ability to update Windows. There are some variations on the theme but, basically, Win10 will download the package and say that there is an update that needs a reboot to install. The install/reboot...
  10. Lost ability to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost ability to connect to the internet: I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It is a A6210, Netgear wireless USB3 device that I have on all the Windows computers. The A6210 works fine on any other computer...