Windows 10: Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

Discus and support Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the display. The usual sleep option is simply not there! I did a powerconfig setting default in a admin cmd line but it did not fix it.

Hibernate is there but not sleep or hybrid hibernate. Still looking online for this issue!

Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926! [​IMG]

:)

John Pombrio, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Yuri Nathan, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Loss of sleep option after last update

I'm not sure there is a problem with your graphics drivers, as you haven't actually complained of it & what you've shown looks good enough. Nevertheless, it can't hurt to check you've got the right ones here...

Download Drivers

Download AMD Drivers & Software for Radeon, FirePro, APU, CPU, desktops, and laptops

(a) What does the auto-detect say?

(b) Can you decipher what the "manually select" is asking for?

(c) Here is a big article about it...

Can’t Find Your Driver or Don’t Know What Driver to Choose? Please Read This First.

Can’t Find Your Driver or Don’t Know What Driver to Choose? Please Read This First.

I'll have a look around for something else about the loss of sleep, but indeed it can be a graphics driver issue, as in...

Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926! Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

To get to the "Browse my computer", "Let me pick"...

...you need to click "Update Driver" first...

PCR Just PCR, Jan 24, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Mine is fine. Are you using a laptop or a desktop pc?

badrobot, Jan 24, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    It should show up after there are no updates pending.

Edwin, Jan 24, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    Mine is fine also. I did an upgrade not a clean install.

labeeman, Jan 24, 2015
  7. Desktop but I have a sneaking suspicion that Win 10 thinks this is a laptop! Investigating further. Lesson: Don't change settings on this completely new PC Settings menu in the new Win10 9926! NO UPS attached.

EDIT Known bug Yep. I am showing a power plug on my login screen. Still digging!

8. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

Ahh, the battery icon shown on the lock screen is a known bug:

Battery icon shows on lock screen of PCs without batteries.

9. Dang, it was a driver issue with the NVidia graphics card. Everyone always yells at me "IT'S A DRIVER ISSUE!"

10. I have the same issue. How were you able to solve it?

BrownMamba, Jan 3, 2018
  11. Winuser Win User
    Check to see if a updated video driver is available for your computer. If not you could try a older version.

Winuser, Jan 3, 2018
  12. Sorry I am kinda new to this type of stuff. How (or where) would I be able to find video drivers at?

BrownMamba, Jan 4, 2018
  13. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

Hi, guys, have you tried to enable the sleep option in Group Policy? Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer to finish it.

rickchristine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926! - Similar Threads - Lost sleep option

2. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  3. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  4. sleep option is missing from power options

sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  5. Brightness, power and sleep options are lost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness, power and sleep options are lost: The screen brightness adjustment slider, as well as power and sleep options disappeared from the laptop. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks submitted by /u/tigerelmo [link] [comments]...
  6. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  7. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Sleep (power option) not working properly

Sleep (power option) not working properly: Hi Recently, I had to re-install Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15R, 5537 Laptop (i5 2.3GHz 8MB ram). After re-installing with updated drivers, I noticed that SLEEP option is not working properly. Before re-installing, closing the lid used to stop all the applications...
  9. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...
  10. Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10: I installed Win10 yesterday on my desktop, but sleep is not an option on power menu. Have tried all options that I find in various forums including driver updates and system settings, but can not get a sleep mode for the power menu. Maybe Win 10 thinks my desktop is a laptop...