Windows 10: lost the use of my speakers

Discus and support lost the use of my speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a year old ASUS laptop. I am running Windows 10. Twice now, I've lost the use of my speakers. I've tried everything. A week ago, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laurieanne11, Feb 29, 2016.

1. lost the use of my speakers

I am using a year old ASUS laptop. I am running Windows 10. Twice now, I've lost the use of my speakers. I've tried everything. A week ago, I accidentally came upon a system restore and tried it. It worked. Now I'm without speakers again, so I tried it again and still no speakers. Is it Windows? Is it the computer?

I am NOT a computer person what so ever.*Redface Thank you for help.

:)

Laurieanne11, Feb 29, 2016

2. LUMIA 535 SPEAKER PROBLEM

My Lumia 535 speaker has lost its volume (mute) then later on it came back then lost again. Is there any speaker setting here in this phone ? I need your help.

JovenTorres, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Lost sound on my Creative D80 (Bluetooth) speakers...again after fixing once but lost the instructions.

Lost sound on my Creative D80 (Bluetooth) speakers...again after fixing once but lost the instructions. Grrr!

JamesSmith_745, Feb 29, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

lost the use of my speakers

Do you know the model of your laptop? It would help others to find information about it.

Sounds like something has gone wrong with your sound device's drivers. Onboard sound is often from Realtek, but it's not the only possible option.

bobkn, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Nearly all of the Notebook/Laptop computers I've worked with have a hardware control available and the OS control, usually a key combination of Fn and another Fx key or maybe dedicated volume controls. There's usually a setting in the BIOS to disable or enable the adapter that should be checked.

Berton, Feb 29, 2016
  6. Thank you everyone! I will check this out in the morning and report back.

7. Ok. The computer is an ASUS X551M and it does use Realtek. Someone posted BIOS? *Huh

8. bobkn Win User

The latest drivers Asus lists are for Windows 8.1, but they may support 10 as well.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...VER6017235.zip

Alternately, you could try the drivers directly from Realtek:

Realtek

or the Realtek drivers at the head of this forum.

It may be worthwhile turning off driver updates in Windows Update. (You can't block all updates, but you can prevent the ones for drivers.)

If you wish to access the BIOS settings during POST (power on self test), repeatedly tap the F2 function key. I wouldn't expect the laptop to switch off the sound device in the BIOS settings all by itself, but I won't swear that it's impossible. Consult your manual for details. (It's also available for download from support.asus.com, like the drivers above.)

bobkn, Feb 29, 2016
  9. Apparently, my speaker problems lie only with Google Chrome. Uninstalling and trying again. Thank you!

Laurieanne11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. lost the use of my speakers - Similar Threads - lost speakers

2. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...: Since I have started plugging external speakers into the PC, the sound has gone from my PC when the speakersare not plugged in. Why is this?Can you help me restore the sound onto my PC please when NOT using the external speakers...
  3. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...: Since I have started plugging external speakers into the PC, the sound has gone from my PC when the speakersare not plugged in. Why is this?Can you help me restore the sound onto my PC please when NOT using the external speakers...
  4. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lost speaker access after last update to Windows 10. What can I do to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost speaker access after last update to Windows 10. What can I do to fix?: After last update to Windows 10 Speakers stopped working. Any suggestions to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-speaker-access-after-last-update-to-windows/0e052da8-fcfd-4072-820c-671e381c3f6f
  6. Lost speaker access after last update to Windows 10. What can I do to fix?

Lost speaker access after last update to Windows 10. What can I do to fix?: After last update to Windows 10 Speakers stopped working. Any suggestions to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-speaker-access-after-last-update-to-windows/0e052da8-fcfd-4072-820c-671e381c3f6f
  7. Lost speaker access after last update to Windows 10. What can I do to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  9. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  10. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging