Windows 10: Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts

Discus and support Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do not how or why but last night the list of web sight and W10 shortcuts disappeared from my upper desktop screen. Now when I log on the W10 pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lpatrick, Dec 29, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts

I do not how or why but last night the list of web sight and W10 shortcuts disappeared from my upper desktop screen. Now when I log on the W10 pinned boxes/apps page appears. How can I get the shortcuts back on my desktop upper screen? Please note that my shortcuts are still listed on the bottom line of the desktop as before.

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Dec 29, 2016

2. Nokia c3-01 calibration!

Everywhere i touch the screen is enter in the upper shortcuts from the screen! I can enter in the menu, when the screen is locked i cant unlock because the down of the screen is not work ! touch where is the menu is vibrating but
    is enter in the upper shortcuts!

Alex13---01, Dec 29, 2016
  3. lost desktop shortcuts

Hi Janice,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience this may have caused, but rest assured, we are here to help you with your concern.

How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Did you upgrade through Windows Updates or did you download the Windows 10 ISO and installed?

Firstly, I suggest you to check if the desktop icons are hidden. To do this, right click on the desktop and click View. Under View check the option "Show Desktop Icons."

Is the issue persists, I suggest you to go to the location C:\Windows.old\Users\<username> and copy the desktop folder to
    C:\Users\<username>. Check if the issue persists.

Along with these, I suggest you to check for Windows updates and install all the offered updates available.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts

MoxieMomma, Dec 29, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Hi!

Or you accidentally click on desktop and deselect "show desktop icons".

Right click on desktop, click on View and then "show..."

Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts [​IMG]

AndreTen, Dec 29, 2016
  6. lpatrick Win User
    I was in tablet mode. All is right. Thanks to you both.

lpatrick, Dec 29, 2016
  7. Excellent!
    I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.
    Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 29, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

*Ditto

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Lost Upper Screen

2. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is that at the upper right of my desktop?: What is that at the upper right of my desktop? It appeared after a restart. Windows 10.If this is not the right forum, feel free to redirect.Thanks, Wayne McKinstry* Moved from Community Center...
  3. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is that at the upper right of my desktop?: What is that at the upper right of my desktop? It appeared after a restart. Windows 10.If this is not the right forum, feel free to redirect.Thanks, Wayne McKinstry* Moved from Community Center...
  4. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is that at the upper right of my desktop?: What is that at the upper right of my desktop? It appeared after a restart. It reminds me of what I see when I do a cntl-alt-del.Windows 10Thanks, Wayne McKinstry...
  6. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is that at the upper right of my desktop?: What is that at the upper right of my desktop? It appeared after a restart. It reminds me of what I see when I do a cntl-alt-del.Windows 10Thanks, Wayne McKinstry...
  7. What is that at the upper right of my desktop?

8. Desktop Shortcuts

Desktop Shortcuts: Somehow, when I increased the size of my Windows 10 PC text, all of my desktop shortcuts are underlined. Can you tell me how to remove the underlines? I tried the adviser's solution, which was to go to ease of access, click keyboard. I see that my "keyboard underlines across"...
  9. Lost desktop icon shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost desktop icon shortcuts: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 from Win 7 I saved the desktop shortcuts from C:\Users\myname\Desktop to a stick, i was using Chrome as the default engine. After i installed Win 10 and copied the desktop folder back under my username the icons and the name of the...
  10. Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts: I was on a short vacation, and I powered off my system...via power strip, while gone. Upon return, I fired up the system, and downloaded any updates, etc., that might have been available during my "absence". When done, I noticed that all my old W7 desktop "shortcuts" were...