Windows 10: Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset

Discus and support Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank you for allowing me to join and post to this Forum. I am so frustrated. I have talked to Microsoft Tech Support on 3 occasions, and it was a bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Spider0526, May 5, 2016.

1. Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset

Thank you for allowing me to join and post to this Forum. I am so frustrated. I have talked to Microsoft Tech Support on 3 occasions, and it was a bad experience. My problem:
    I upgraded my Desktop Dell computer from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 when it first became available months ago. Other then minor problems my computer worked fine. Approximately 2 weeks ago I decided to use the reset option provided in Windows 10. Sometimes my computer gets slow, and the reset makes it run like new again. I have done the reset on at least 2 occasions without any problems. This time the reset seem to go smooth, however when I got to the page where I was suppose to input my Country, region, time Zone, ect my USB Mouse or Keyboard would not work. I have been on the internet for the last 2 weeks trying to find a solution. I notice that a lot of people are having the problem but there is no solution that I have found. microsoft suggests that I get an old mouse and keyboard, but my computer does not have the slot to plug the older ones in. The mouse and keyboard works on other computers. It also works on the Desktop when I go into the BIOS. It works if I put an older windows disk in. PLEASE HELP!
    It will not ley me go back to my old Windows 7 Ultimate...

:)

Spider0526, May 5, 2016

2. Microsoft USB Mini Keyboard with Touchpad on Windows 10

Hi, windows keyboard and mouse program on Windows 10 is recognizing the USB mini keyboard and touchpad as a separate keyboard and mouse, so I have lost the finger gestures i.e. pinch, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

georgecutler, May 5, 2016
  3. RajMD Win User
    Usb keyboard and mouse not working

Recently i have upgraded to windows 10 in my iball CPU,my USB keyboard and mouse was working fine but some apps was crashing automatically after 15 seconds from opening,i thought resetting it might be the best solution,after resetting my CPU my usb keyboard
    and mouse is not working i tried shifting USB ports but it is not working on any ports.my computer can read my pendrive on all of the usb ports.my usb keyboard and mouse is working on my friends computer.i have booted my computer in safe mode but my mouse
    and keyboard is not working there and even there is no light up.luckly i tooked my friends PS2 type keyboard and mouse for some days and it is working.my computer is also updated to the latest version.my keyboard and mouse is plug and play device.

So,how can i use USB type keyboard and mouse on my computer.

I humbly request you to provide me with the the best solution.

Raj.

RajMD, May 5, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset

Hi Spider and welcome to Winten. In your BIOS see if there's an entry called Legacy USB or similar and enable it if it's disabled then try again to see if the KB works. If it does you can disable it once you've finished the reset

shimshom, May 5, 2016
  5. Thank you for your quick reply. There is no Legacy USB in my BIOS, but I have made sure that all USB are enabled/

Spider0526, May 5, 2016
  6. shimshom Win User
    It might be called something different like USB Legacy Storage detect and is usually found in Integrated Peripherals and you should also fill up your system specs so easier to offer possible solutions

shimshom, May 5, 2016
  7. Was able to download Wndows 10 and reinstall from USB using RUFUS.

Spider0526, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset

1. Lost USB Mouse and Keyboard after Windows 10 full reset - Similar Threads - Lost USB Mouse

2. keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and there are 2 options, I did the [save files but delete all the apps that didn't come with windows 10]after that I see my computer screen but my mouse and keyboard don't work.I already tried: using another mouse and keyboard, trying every port.I put in...
  3. keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and there are 2 options, I did the [save files but delete all the apps that didn't come with windows 10]after that I see my computer screen but my mouse and keyboard don't work.I already tried: using another mouse and keyboard, trying every port.I put in...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: Im using a old HP computer and I just reset it after it not being able to boot into windows, im using windows 10 and ive tried all the ports on my computer and none of them worked, my keyboard and mouse were also getting power once i plugged them in when my pc was on sleep,...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: I reseted my windows 10 pc After i reset my pc,keyboard and mouse not working. so ,i can't unlock my pc. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-reset/bc753dcf-6ba3-4ddd-9010-0dd11431d2d2
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset: After messing up some registry tweaks, I attempted to restore the registry backup I made. It did not work. I decided to just reset windows. After awhile Windows returned to my lock screen but both my keyboard and mouse aren't working. I there a way around this/ make them...
  7. No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios: Just built new computer with Windows 10 and ASUS ROG STRIX B450 motherboard. Every thing was running great for 3 days. Then I decided to load a few more utilities off the motherboard CD and after reboot the keyboard and mouse stopped functioning. The USB ports are live...
  8. USB mouse and keyboard lost after PC goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse and keyboard lost after PC goes to sleep: I have a Microsoft keyboard and Asda mouse connected to my PC via USB. Within the last week it's developed a problem whereby if the PC goes to sleep, on awakening again I have neither mouse or keyboard. which is strange as it's by moving one of the two that I wake the PC up...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10: After going through reset of Windows 10, my computer restarts and asks me to select my keyboard configuration. But the USB keyboard and mouse have no power and do not allow me to select the keyboard configuration to finish the windows reset process. I have confirmed the...
  10. After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working: After a windows 10 reset my keyboard and mouse are not working because of that I can't use my computer and please help me and don't tell me to go to start menu and go to settings and that all because I can't control my PC help me. I can't control my computer so please help as...