Windows 10: Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, first post here! OK I did my windows 10 upgrade now on three machines. two of the machines were single user windows 8.1 prior to upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by miatapaul, Oct 4, 2015.

1. miatapaul Win User

Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade

Hello all, first post here!

OK I did my windows 10 upgrade now on three machines. two of the machines were single user windows 8.1 prior to upgrade, but one was a Windows 7 Pro machine. I ran the upgrade, but lost my kids user id log on. I had a user id for them set up as a user with no admin rights and no password. I am not opposed to it having a password, now that the kids are teenagers, but I can't figure out how to recreate the user ID so that it is attached to all there saved files. Lots of schoolwork was saved on there ID. I can access it with my admin user account, but want to restore there id. Any ideas?

:)

miatapaul, Oct 4, 2015
  2. Wei_Ng Win User

Profile missing after windows 10 upgrade

My HP Pavillion desktop PC has 4 profiles before upgrade. Only
    3 profiles show after upgrade to window 10. My profile is gone. I login with my son's admin user ID. I was
    unable to find my ID (prorfile) in the "family & other users" . A user folder with my name in the C drive but appears empty. I also upgraded my Laptop with me as the only user and it work okey. I have a MS account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I did not backup
    my folder before the upgrade. Did I lost all my doc, photo, movie & etc.? How can I recover them? Please help!!!!!!!!!

Wei_Ng, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Lost profile after windows 10 upgrade

I lost profile after windows 10 upgrade. The folder and files are still there under "users." how do I reinstall profile?

[Original title: Lost profile after Windows 10 upgrade]

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage / PC]

davidsims1, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Does the kids account still appear under C:\Users? If yes try this.

1. Rename the kids account to something else temporarily.
    2. Create a new limited access kids account using the old name, with or with out a password.
    3. Login as the kids account.
    4. Logout from the kids account.
    5. Rename the new kids account under C:\Users to something else then rename the old account to the new account.

See if you can login as the kids account now and is all the data there?

Ztruker, Oct 4, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Good advice! ^^^^^^^ Just to clarify, in step 1. Ztruker means to rename the kid's account folder under C: \Users to something else temporarily.

NavyLCDR, Oct 4, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    If you can access the files from your account, simply create a new limited account without password and then login to that so the Documents etc folders are created. Now login back to your admin account and copy all their old files to the respective folder of the new account. This is C:\users\username\Documents for the Documents folder and so on where username is the name of the new account.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost user upgrade

2. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "Set a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  3. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "SEt a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  4. Lost output driver after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost output driver after windows 10 upgrade: How do I reinstall my output driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-output-driver-after-windows-10-upgrade/d1fc11f1-8b91-4b8e-9d07-8909822d71f1
  5. Lost users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost users in Windows 10: Hi, I have a very big problem with my windows 10. It seems that I have lost all my windows 10 users. I've tried to promote any user to administrator but i can't do this because any of them exists now.yo I've tried to fix the problem with some alternatives trying to read...
  6. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound: The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-upgrade-i-lost-sound/29fc1dbb-dc16-4b64-9d9b-c1bf030a5c2d
  7. lost user after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost user after update: I updated windows which had not been done recently and my desktops disappeared. The data is in the User directory but the desktop has disappeared for the user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-user-after-update/88ba9c3f-bf77-4dd9-9c14-374ce51965e1
  8. lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03: hi, A user has applied the update to 19.03 of her Windows 10 Pro. She passed after several bugs. In the end, most of his data contained in Documents and Desktop disappeared. I followed the procedures described here, but could not find them....
  9. Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, When I upgraded to Windows 10 my video camera disapeared. No search could find it and I was told by the australian support for my computer that they had not developed the driver for Windows 10. Can you help? PaulT...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However, didn't see my wife's account at login. After install and setup was complete, I was updating a few programs out of date due to...