Windows 10: lost xcel file/folder

Discus and support lost xcel file/folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had been using a shortcut icon on my desktop to open an excel chart and recently, the icon no longer appeared, and instead of going to the chat,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msft questions, Jul 9, 2018.

1. lost xcel file/folder

I had been using a shortcut icon on my desktop to open an excel chart and recently, the icon no longer appeared, and instead of going to the chat, showing it could not be found and "is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted" . How do I recover it?

:)

msft questions, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 9, 2018
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jul 9, 2018
  4. lost xcel file/folder

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

lost xcel file/folder

1. lost xcel file/folder - Similar Threads - lost xcel file

2. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost folder/file: When I do a search I see that my file is in a folder called .Trash in icloud but I cannot find any .Trash file and I get an error message. I spoke to Apple support but they said ask Microsoft! My Dell PC has Win10 Pro 22H2Basically I keep my current documents in a folder...
  3. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost folder/file: When I do a search I see that my file is in a folder called .Trash in icloud but I cannot find any .Trash file and I get an error message. I spoke to Apple support but they said ask Microsoft! My Dell PC has Win10 Pro 22H2Basically I keep my current documents in a folder...
  4. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files and folders: Hello,I have a personal work email on my computer and then we added the same work email to a onedrive work account. We went to delete the personal onedrive and I lost all my files that were in it and they are no where to be found. They are not in the recycle bin anywhere. I...
  6. Lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files and folders: Hello,I have a personal work email on my computer and then we added the same work email to a onedrive work account. We went to delete the personal onedrive and I lost all my files that were in it and they are no where to be found. They are not in the recycle bin anywhere. I...
  7. Lost Files / Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files / Folders: When I open my computer this morning, I've noticed that my desktop was new without my Files and Folders in the desktop so I'm thinking because of the update. So, I've looked on my files in other folder and cut and paste in the current desktop but after couple of minutes, my...
  8. Upload files to Word and Xcel.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload files to Word and Xcel.: I receive this message when trying to open a Word or Xcel file from an email. What do I do to correct?"Upload complete! We've opened your uploaded file in a separate window. Feel free to close this dialog."...
  9. Update/Lost folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update/Lost folders and files: Hello all, I have an unfortunate situation that has come up. I tend to leave my windows 10 laptop turned on most of the time and occasionally will come back to it and see it has restarted. Typically this means there was an update during the night (have them set for something...
  10. Lost Folders - but files exist

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Folders - but files exist: Win10x64Home build 14393.447 - upgraded a year ago from Win7 Something yesterday transposed 'Downloads' into 'Documents' in the Quick Access list of File Explorer and in the Library list shows the downloaded files in the so-called 'Documents' folder. I cannot find my...