Windows 10: Lots of Creators Fall Update Problems on the Forum!

Discus and support Lots of Creators Fall Update Problems on the Forum! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not surprised to see many problems on the forum as usual after a major Windows 10 update. I don't know whether the problems are due to poor MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Lots of Creators Fall Update Problems on the Forum!

I'm not surprised to see many problems on the forum as usual after a major Windows 10 update. I don't know whether the problems are due to poor MS software engineering or poorly maintained PCs which only display obvious problems on major upgrades.

I'm continuing my policy of deferring updates on my W10 Pro PCs for 6 months and only updating my W10 Home laptop when the upgrade is offered through Windows Update ( I only got the Creator's Upgrade last week).

:)

Steve C, Oct 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

UPDATE: This seems to be a common problem with the Fall Creators Update because a lot of people has this exact same problem than I do when they installed the Fall Creators Update. I just wanted to let you know that.

CharlesD_968, Oct 18, 2017
  3. *SOLVED* Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Start Menu/Windows App Problems

UPDATE: This seems to be a common problem with the Fall Creators Update because a lot of people has this exact same problem than I do when they installed the Fall Creators Update. I just wanted to let you know that.

CharlesD_968, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Hanabishi Win User

I think you must send your feedback to Microsoft, nothing will be changed by posting it here )

Anyway, Anniversary Update (1607) is still most stable build for now. If you wanna stability, stay on it.

Hanabishi, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I have no feedback since I have no intention of being an early upgrader!

Steve C, Oct 18, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    My own theory is that most of it is down to how the user either installs the updates or some funky or old hardware they are using. I have never had any such show stoppers while clean installing major updates.

So far FCU has been stable for me.

swarfega, Oct 18, 2017
  7. Hanabishi Win User
    Nah, Creators Updates have has individual bug appear chance, i think depending on installed hardware\software\etc. Some bugs a very random.
    By the way, I've faced some bugs on newest hardware, on AMD Ryzen / AM4 motherboard, relased this year.

Hanabishi, Oct 18, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

There's no such thing as a random bug or bsod (see my signature), there's always an underlying cause.

And yes Ryzen was well known for some bugs, but AMD have been trying to fix those.

swarfega, Oct 18, 2017
  9. Hanabishi Win User
    This is not CPU bugs. I have a few different machines, and all of it have some random bugs *Biggrin
    MS really need to do something with compatability. If OS works as intended only on one PC configuration, this is bad OS. (Or strict hardware-specified OS, but Windows not belongs to that class.)

p.s. All troubles\bugs started from Creators Update. Anniversary Update was rock-solid stable on every config I installed it, and still most stable build for now. That means this is not CPU\hardware\etc. problems.

Hanabishi, Oct 18, 2017
  10. Mikedyce Win User
    For what it's worth, my money would be on the latter.

Mikedyce, Oct 18, 2017
  11. Stevekir Win User
    In support of that, my setup is dead simple: a 15 month old good quality machine, absolutely no adventurous software (just MS Word, Photoshop and other established items) although I do have some utilities, no added hardware. I have never had any update problems at all. The only failure was last Easter when the machine failed to respond after booting. A Macrium disk image solved that in about 10 minutes.

Stevekir, Oct 18, 2017
  12. tomseys Win User
    I installed Fall Creators from window update on 3 different laptops and all went very smoothly. No problems. Easiest single update for me yet. I like the update. The OS for me seems a little snappier now and I like the way notifications look and behave now in action center. I like the functionality added to the calculator. I was not going to update for a while since Creators 1 did not go nearly as well but I was offered it in WU right away and was bored so I gave it a whirl and it went fine. I think with further feature updates as I did this time I will only take them from windows update.

tomseys, Oct 18, 2017
  13. Bastet Win User

Fall Upgrade went smoothly for me too, before downloading I always disable Norton firewall & anti virus, exit MBAM & unplug all my USB devices incl hard drives.

Bastet, Oct 18, 2017
  14. I totally agree. Update was easy and working flawlessly. I updated two laptops and one desktop and not a single issue with any of them.

stealth2920, Oct 18, 2017
  15. lx07 Win User
    Cosmic rays are pretty random.

Thema:

1. Lots of Creators Fall Update Problems on the Forum! - Similar Threads - Lots Creators Fall

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. Fall creators update.

Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  4. Fall Creator update problems/solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fall Creator update problems/solved: I have been seeing a few posts about the Fall Creator update and the various problems or no problems. Mine was that I had updated to W10Pro so I could use whatever drivers I wanted to. But with the first Creator update I couldn't install any NVidia drivers older than the 370...
  5. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  6. Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem: About every 2 seconds my cursor will freeze in place for a second and snap to where it's supposed to be. programs do the same thing; while loading they will pause, then snap to where they should have been at that time. I've tried fresh restoring windows and that didn't do...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....