Windows 10: Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...

Discus and support Lots of new discussion around forced updates ... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I see new discussions of forced windows updates. I'm wondering ... where do these updates come from? What specific domain name(s)? Which specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by margrave55, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...

I see new discussions of forced windows updates.

I'm wondering ... where do these updates come from?
    What specific domain name(s)?
    Which specific IP address(es)?

:)

margrave55, Mar 31, 2018
  2. WomanInNC Win User

I can't access my laptop since the scheduled/forced update to working Windows 10

Windows 10 was working until it forced an update. Now I can't turn it on. I saw the spinning blue orb. Then it froze. Now nothing. I can't power off/on, Black Screen of Death. It's a clean, full installation of Windows 10, not an upgrade or update of the
    OS; laptop under two years old. So far the only discussions I've found have been around not being able to get to Windows 10. Please also tell me where to find discussions around the updates to Windows 10 for those of us who had to pay for it.

WomanInNC, Mar 31, 2018
  3. alecol Win User
    Windows 10 won't install updates

Windows 10 won't install updates and there are two updates stuck on the app store and am unable to download any new apps (no install button). I've read through loads of fixes through the various discussions on here and tried most of them - I haven't tried
    the complicated ones as I am certainly no expert but does anyone have the same issue. I've noted that a lot of the discussion threads are around a month old on this type of issue so is there anyone else experiencing these issues now? I don't really know
    what else to try. The version of the store I have is Version 2015.7.1.1

alecol, Mar 31, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...

From Microsoft and their servers of course. You can also download them separately.

CountMike, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Microsoft is not an IP address! *Smile

margrave55, Mar 31, 2018
  6. MS uses a domain name adress to distribute updates, IP changes based on the location.
    MS uses mostly akamai or amazon servers, but IP also changes based on their usage.
    Blocking updates like this is not very effective, you will end up blocking other services.

TairikuOkami, Mar 31, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    That was my first impression, OP wanted to stop "forced" updates by blacklisting one or more IPs which of course is impossible.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...

1. Lots of new discussion around forced updates ... - Similar Threads - Lots discussion around

2. Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to kick off a discussion about the recent updates and offerings on Microsoft.com. Microsoft is constantly evolving its products and services, and its official website is a great place to stay updated on all things...
  3. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates: Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware is AM3 with an AMD 640 quad core and 8 gb of RAM and a modern Nvidia GPU. It is late AM3 with a socket that an AM3+ processor...
  4. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates: Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware is AM3 with an AMD 640 quad core and 8 gb of RAM and a modern Nvidia GPU. It is late AM3 with a socket that an AM3+ processor...
  5. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  6. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  7. The new update is rather bad, in a lot of aspects

The new update is rather bad, in a lot of aspects: So, to start off, thanks Microsoft/windows team for keeping up with the updates, all that, but this last update, releasing 2-3 days prior to the day this is posted. This is written on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 if this has anything to do with the problems listed below First,...
  8. New Edge being forced in update

New Edge being forced in update: Please don't do this to me. Please, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't take my favorite browser from me! Don't force me to use crappy Chromium! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-being-forced-in-update/4d5bda23-9b7f-4818-a707-0fa6f1668426
  9. A discussion about updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A discussion about updating drivers: I want to initiate a serious talk about updating drivers on Windows 10. Some of you use tools for updating, some of you don't recommend tools. Some of you recommend the WU version of the drivers, some of you recommend the OEM drivers and some of you recommend the ones...
  10. Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks: As part of the creators update, you can create "folders" on the start menu now by dropping one application on top of another application. I do like the concept, but I sure wish that I could fire up the particular application by clicking directly on it's tiny icon on the...