Windows 10: Lots of problems after 1803 update

Discus and support Lots of problems after 1803 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having these problems for months now. Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShionAyres, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Lots of problems after 1803 update

Hi,

I'm having these problems for months now.

Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of them worked. The only thing that works is a full clean reinstall while holding back on 1803 update.

First I'm gonna list the issues I found AFTER 1803, meaning that none of these happened before applying the update:

1) Every browser except Firefox and Edge stopped working. Chrome, Opera...even the Steam browser doesn't work (the steam chat window won't connect);

2) Major system hangs while browsing, sometimes it hangs for 10s, others for more than 60s. After a while usually it comes back on its own;

3) My Windows gets really slow. While checking task manager -> Details, System is using 20%+ CPU (more specifically ntoskrnl.exe). It stays there, consuming CPU for a few minutes while freezing my system a few times;

4) Even without ntoskrnl.exe consuming CPU everything else is slow. Even the START button does not respond properly;

5) While gaming the system just hangs and I need to power down before get back to Windows.

I've been trying to pinpoint the cause for a long time now, without much success. The only thing I can say is that this 1803 update obliterates my system.

I'm going for another clean reinstall now, staying there until 1809 maybe. Just wanted to post these for anyone else having similar problems.

My specs:

Intel i7 4770k

MB Asus Z87-Deluxe

RAM DDR3 2x8GB

AMD R9-280X

SSD Samsung EVO 850 500G

HD Western Digital 2T

Thanks.

:)

ShionAyres, Aug 16, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Updated to Version 1803 - now lots of BSODs

Ah.

No problems. 1803 is still maturing so rolling back to 1709 is a great step indeed.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Lots of problems after 1803 update

update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Lots of problems after 1803 update

1. Lots of problems after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Lots problems 1803

2. Win update 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win update 1803 problems: Every time there's a major update it breaks my computer and I have to revert to the stable version. Currently using 1709, build 16299.1087 on a Lenovo all-in-one Previous major updates resulted in ghost circles scrolling down the center of the screen and the mouse pointer...
  3. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  4. Problems with windows update 1803

Problems with windows update 1803: Hi everyone, I'm currently having problems with one of my budgeting software. Two weeks ago it was working fine however just two days ago it started giving me problems. All problems give me the same error message "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"....
  5. 1803 Update Problems

1803 Update Problems: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using...
  6. Windows 1803 update problems

Windows 1803 update problems: Hello, I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the installation process, stopping at a black screen mid-installation, at which point I would restart the computer then it would...
  7. Lots of problems after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of problems after updating to windows 10: So, my wife did...something...and my old version of windows windows went caput. I went out and got windows 10 and the first few days everything worked fine. Now, however, my Cortana search bar will not let me type in it at all and I am having intermittent internet...
  8. Network Problems after 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problems after 1803: Split from this thread. Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home network and is investigating the issue. You can resolve this problem by setting some services to Automatic (Delayed Start)...
  9. After 1803 Update color problem, Screenshot available

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 Update color problem, Screenshot available: hi everyone. just updated to the 1803 and this weird color thing is showed up. i do not know how to describe it. it is happening when watching movie or when i open a game. when watching movie it comes and goes.. some times it stays corrupted. tried to play Paladins last...
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...