Windows 10: Lots of processes showing under apps or programs

Discus and support Lots of processes showing under apps or programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having problems with programs that show many processes running under I.E. windows edge. It shows 11 processes running and they show them in task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johnk51, Mar 30, 2018.

1. johnk51 Win User

Lots of processes showing under apps or programs

I'm having problems with programs that show many processes running under I.E. windows edge. It shows 11 processes running and they show them in task manager. This didn't use to happen. Even now my Flight simulator X has about 6 or 7 showing when it should be 1. If I start fsx and it starts minimized I can't maximize it in task manager. When it only showed 1 I could right click on it and maximize it. I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. I attached a screen shot.

:)

johnk51, Mar 30, 2018

2. No Programs showing under "All Programs"

Have you tried a soft reset?

Laura

Laura Rooke, Mar 30, 2018
  3. medubose Win User
    No Programs showing under "All Programs"

Windows Mobile on Blackjack II: After changing Theme changer (ThemeChanger v4.1 Riki) and changing the theme no apps show after choosing "All Programs". I tried to set theme back but still no apps show after choosing "All Programs".

Thanks in advance,

Martin

medubose, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Lots of processes showing under apps or programs

I have 135 Processes running which is normal for Windows 10.

Josey Wales, Mar 30, 2018
  5. johnk51 Win User
    I'm not talking about all the ones under background processes, normally just window edge and the window edge that's under the first one. The both say app, all the background processes showing there do not show. They should be hidden. Now when I start window edge, start screen is gray with the white e and not the blue normal one. Something has got out of whack.

johnk51, Mar 30, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    That looks normal.
    Processes were separated out in Windows 10 CU version update a while back. It more or less doubled the number with just Windows 10 running. The Edge Icon on my Start screen is white e on blue again nothing wrong.

Helmut, Mar 30, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    So is mine. The latest cumulative update included several updates for Edge, the change of colour seems to be one of them. Check the version number of Edge, at the bottom of Edge's Settings mine now says: Microsoft Edge 41.16299.334.0, same as the CU build number.

Cumulative Update KB4089848 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.334 - Mar. 22

8. johnk51 Win User

The thing is that it also changed my FSX:SE flight simulator. So if it starts minimized, I can't maximize it. I use to with task manager until this started.

johnk51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lots of processes showing under apps or programs - Similar Threads - Lots processes showing

2. Lots of search processes in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of search processes in task manager: Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-search-processes-in-task-manager/4dbc5dcb-7443-45e4-8bee-647ec0515527
  3. Task Manager showing system processes & tasks nested under the Edge browser process.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing system processes & tasks nested under the Edge browser process.: Hello, I have clean installed windows 11 today and one issue I'm experiencing is that the task manager is showing most, if not all, system processes as being a nested process under the Edge browser process. I have run both the "sfc /scannow" and "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. Task Manager showing system processes & tasks nested under the Edge browser process.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager showing system processes & tasks nested under the Edge browser process.: Hello, I have clean installed windows 11 today and one issue I'm experiencing is that the task manager is showing most, if not all, system processes as being a nested process under the Edge browser process. I have run both the "sfc /scannow" and "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  6. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  7. Program not showing up under Uninstall in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program not showing up under Uninstall in Registry Editor: Hi all, I am trying to modify the name of a game installed on my Windows 10 pc by going to local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall, but is only showing some of my programs and not any of the games. I would really like to change the name and icon of...
  8. Task manager is showing 100% disc usage under performance, but the process tab shows there...

Task manager is showing 100% disc usage under performance, but the process tab shows there...: Title submitted by /u/SetzarothTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpeitx/task_manager_is_showing_100_disc_usage_under/
  9. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

The `System` process uses a lot of CPU: Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened...
  10. slui.exe process is duplicated a lot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    slui.exe process is duplicated a lot: When i open the task Manager i can see up to 100 Windows registration processes, each consuming 2-0,5 mb of ram. The original program is slui.exe in the System32 folder. What is causing this? My Windows is not activated, and i did not even try to do anything. [ATTACH]...