Windows 10: Lots of random BSoD

Discus and support Lots of random BSoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer was working fine, went out of the country for a month and came back to loads of BSoD issues. I've done everything like updating drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by beardo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. beardo Win User

Lots of random BSoD

Computer was working fine, went out of the country for a month and came back to loads of BSoD issues. I've done everything like updating drivers, rolling back display drivers, using DDU to remove graphics drivers and updated them, and also run MemTest+ for 8 rounds (which took aaaaaages) with no issues.

I was getting BSoD issues with the computer just sitting there, but now it seems to mostly be when loading and using Adobe Lightroom, although it does still happen randomly too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! *Smile

:)

beardo, Jun 7, 2016

2. Getting Lots of different BSOD Errors at Random, Cannot diagnose the problem.

Hi,

Since it is a new build and you are getting a variety of different Bug_Check codes it sure looks like hardware. Remove ALL power then reseat the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace them - do not just snug.

Heat is also a possibility - add a fan blowing into the intake or case. Heat related does not always mean excessive levels as a single component could be too sensitive to even the normal levels of heat.

Memtest needs to run at least 4+ hours. Also memory often needs to be swapped in and out in different combinations and patterns - faster memory needs to be in front of slower and even tiny difference (even within the specs) can make a difference. Try using
    the minimum memory required to boot the system.

Be sure BIOS, chipset drivers, and all major drivers are updated.

Checking the minidumps now.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Getting Lots of different BSOD Errors at Random, Cannot diagnose the problem.

My pc has these random BSOD crashes. This was a new build I did about 3 weeks ago, and it has been crashing ever since. I have tried to include as many details as possible. I am using windows 10 pro edition. Please read the following:

Components:

ASUS gtx 1080 strix OC edition

ASUS z170 pro gaming aura

1tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

i7 6700k cpu

evga g2 650 watt psu

g.skill ripjaws v 16gb (8 x 2) 3200 ram

Symptoms:

Computer randomly blue screens with several different BSOD errors. Does not have to be under load/gaming/etc. Sometimes BSOD appears right after booting and signing in. Sometimes I can game for 2 hours without a BSOD.

These blue screens include and are not limited to:

-kernel security check error

-driver overran stack-based buffer

-irql not less or equal

-memory management

Tests:

ran memtest86 for 3 consecutive passes. No errors.

ran memtest86 for 5 consecutive passes. No errors.

Stress-tested GPU on Unigen Heaven and except for the random crashes, it ran for about 3 hours straight under normal temps.

Stress-tested CPU on Prime95 for 15 minutes. Observed normal everything.

With verifier on, about 10-15 secs after logging in, I get BSOD of SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Is this related to verifie

Did a clean install of windows 10. Downloaded latest nvidia driver, tested in unigen heaven. Crashed again in 15-20mins.

Other notes:

-No antivirus installed.

-This is a clean copy of windows 10 with newest drivers on GPU and motherboard.

-Was doing on first installation of windows 10. Still doing it.

-Computer is brand new. BSOD's first appeared on second gaming session.

-I saw that hidclass.sys was in one of the dumps, so since then I made sure that I had the most recent drivers for my peripherals. I am only using a keyboard and mouse as of now.

Questions:

Can this be the ram, despite it fairing well on memtest86?

Could simply reseating the ram/gpu fix this?

What else can be faulty? Hardware/software?

Did I miss a driver?

Here is a link to all of my dump files. I have shared this before, so this is easy for me, but if I must zip them up and attach them to this posting then I can:

dumps

TravisHBates, Jun 7, 2016
  4. beardo Win User

Lots of random BSoD

So far I've had a combination of:

REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NONEXECUTE_MEMORY
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

beardo, Jun 7, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    So much random different BSODs are pointing to some sort of hardware related issue.

First of all, take care of the RAM. Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

6. beardo Win User
    beardo, Jun 7, 2016
  7. beardo Win User
    I ran MemTest86+ last night again for 2 passes (can't do any more since I need to work), and there's zero errors again. I took a quick photo this time though. Currently running the computer in safe mode to see what happens...

Attachment 84176

beardo, Jun 8, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Lots of random BSoD

Two things I need to say in this regard .....

First, any run of memtest86+ less than 7-8 passes is completely a waste of time. It is needed minimum 7-8 consecutive passes to have a meaningful result of the test.
    So your test result does not count.

Second, from your motherboard manufacturer's website: Attachment 84206The RAM speed as shown in the memtest86+ screen is not matching to the supported speed. It may be the enough cause of the issue. Get the proper RAM.

9. beardo Win User
    As I stated in my original post I did run it for 8 passes and it was fine. I ran it another 2 times last night to get a photograph. There were no errors. I don't have the 40 ish hours to spare without a computer to run it again.

Also I don't see what's wrong with my RAM? The motherboard takes 1333 and 1866. My RAM is rated as a 1333 SPD and 1866 tested, and it's currently running at 1866. It's even listed as compatible with the motherboard on the ASUS website. This is what I have: Vengeance® 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9)

The computer has been running fine for ages using this mobo/RAM combo.

beardo, Jun 8, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I am asking for the RAM test over and over, because of the nature of the BSODs. If it is not the RAM, then it may be some other serious piece of hardware. And so a concrete conclusion is needed. I hope you understand my point.
    If I shift from the primary suspect, i.e. the RAM based on your statement, then the risk would be on you.

If your RAM is 1333 MHz without XMP, then it is all good. But the memtest86+ is showing it as 1066 MHz (and 1866).
    Again I may overlook it based on your statement, be aware of the risk factor.

In this prevailing situation, the notion will then shift to a corrupted windows installation, and I would suggest you to perform a clean reinstall of windows.

Do it. See how it goes. Notice it minutely that if the BSODs bounce back, at which stage they starts to occur.
    Let us know the resulting situation.

Thema:

Lots of random BSoD

1. Lots of random BSoD - Similar Threads - Lots random BSoD

2. A lot of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of BSOD: Everyday I have a bluescreen, I don't know what to do anymore. I followed all the steps indicated, such as diagnosing the memory, which didn't detect any errors in it, codes in CMD and nothing solved my BSOD problem. Below is the link to the latest dump files. If possible, I...
  3. A lot of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of BSOD: Greetings, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD for a while now. I've reinstalled windows 10 and it's still happeningHere are the following specs:RTX 2060Ryzen 36002x8 GB 3200mhzAsrock B450 Steel LegendSeasonic Gold+ 650wHere are the DMP...
  4. Lots of bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of bsod: I just reinstalled windows with cloud because my pc was running slow and it boots fine but after a minute or 2 I get a bsod. Before reinstalling windows my pc worked fine just slow and I need to clear up space. I get lots of different bsod like APC mismatch, irql not equal or...
  5. Programs crashing, random BSODs, lots of instability

Programs crashing, random BSODs, lots of instability: My brother's computer keeps getting BSODs, and he's having other issues where programs are randomly crashing as well. It can happen to any program, and Windows services are randomly crashing too according to Event Viewer. I've done the usual stuff: updated all drivers, ran...
  6. A lot of BSODs

A lot of BSODs: I'm having a lot of BSODs lately. I've done SFC, everything's fine. Ran memtest86, everything's fine. What next could I do to troubleshoot this? Here's the minidumps themselves https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1av06IQTUGL2UC4qAPCwALzRTxn8LWa-V?usp=sharing...
  7. Lots and Lots of BSODs

Lots and Lots of BSODs: i've been getting a ton of BSODs on a (Fairly) new rig i bought in march. All drivers are up to date, ran memtest and memtest86 on each stick of ram separately, flashed bios to current build (F23), updated onboard realtek sound and ethernet cards. Ran (and am still running)...
  8. a lot of BSOD

a lot of BSOD: hi guys, sorry if wrong post because i'm new in this forum i want to ask about my computer always get BSOD maybe someone in here can help me why when i openned browser, nox player or when this computer idle always BSOD thank in advance Here my computer information link 115088
  9. Lots of random BSOD's from doing random activities.

Lots of random BSOD's from doing random activities.: Hello, I recently bought a new pre-built PC and since day 1 it randomly keeps getting BSOD's and restarting. It's happened during random times whilst doing different things e.g. whilst I've been browsing, or playing a game, or running virus scans etc. All basic and small...
  10. Lots of BSODs with random time intervals between them.

Lots of BSODs with random time intervals between them.: I recently started getting constant bsod's every 30 mins or so an i need help. I have no idea what is causing it and the crashes happen while doing random things. Any help would be appreciated. 28333