Windows 10: Low Audio Since Update

Discus and support Low Audio Since Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've noticed since the latest update my sound seem to be incredible low compared to before. I use headphones and used to be able to hear perfectly with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arily, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Arily Win User

Low Audio Since Update

I've noticed since the latest update my sound seem to be incredible low compared to before. I use headphones and used to be able to hear perfectly with volume at 20...now I have to turn it up to 70 to hear clearly. I've looked threw sound settings and can't figure what I can change to fix it like it was before. Is there anything known that I could change?

:)

Arily, Jun 10, 2018

2. Blue Snowball microphone with low audio quality on Windows 10.

Hi Eoin,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change microphone or audio settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to check the issue by connecting with another microphone device on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer when you use the Microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Please get back to us with an update on with low sound through Microphone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Realtek audio low after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

• Do you use headphones or external speakers?
    • Which media player is he using on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: follow these steps and check if that helps.

Sound" >>"properties" >> "enhancements", check the "loudness equalization" & for "equalizer" choose "live" or "powerful" (Provide steps)

Method2: Hardware Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Sudharshan M K, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Low Audio Since Update

1. Low Audio Since Update - Similar Threads - Low Audio Since

2. Sound volume too low since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  3. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  4. Low headphone audio

Low headphone audio: Only when plugging in headphone, the audio goes totally quiet and is barely audible. This suddenly started to happen after opening it. I've tried a few things like reinstalling audio, clean boot, etc. No dice...
  5. low audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    low audio: when using my headphones I have the volume set at 100 highest possible yet it is still not adequate for me as I am hard of hearing. I've gone thru all the settings offered, yet the volume is to me still very low. Any way to turn up the volume? PS. I didn't not have this...
  6. Since audio driver update, no audio output

Since audio driver update, no audio output: Windows 10 Home 1909 LG Gram 14Z990 I updated the Sound device drivers, and ever since that I have no audio output. Even external speakers are not working. Tried all of these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems [ATTACH]...
  7. Audio too low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio too low: First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't. I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume it's the right level, when it's at 8 it's too loud and at 10 it's destroying my eardrums. The usual volume ranges I use are...
  8. distorted audio since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted audio since last update: many issues since the last couple updates but now my audio has also crapped out. will try to stay focused on this issue (eg ignore the other 5 or 6 blue screen of death error messages I am now getting on a pretty much daily basis) but may be related as most of the blue...
  9. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.
  10. Weak audio/sound since updating

Weak audio/sound since updating: I'm using a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop with windows 10 installed. 2 days ago, my windows installed updates automatically and I have not been able to hear audio on most videos clearly. Prior to this update, I would even lower the volume on most YT and facebook videos. Now, even the...