Windows 10: Low CPU Utilisation

Discus and support Low CPU Utilisation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys n Gals I'm hoping someone can help with my problem. My laptop has been running slow for a few days and I have noticed that my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KenB, Nov 16, 2016.

1. KenB Win User

Low CPU Utilisation

Hi Guys n Gals

I'm hoping someone can help with my problem.

My laptop has been running slow for a few days and I have noticed that my CPU utilization very rarely goes above 16%.

I set it to High Performance but that hasn't made any difference. At the moement I have Outlook, Word and Visio open and it's sitting at 4% utilization and is running like a pig.

Any clues please?

Cheers
    Ken

:)

2. Network becomes unavailable during CPU high load

Processing images, and HTML data are not just network utilisation, but CPU utilisation too. If your CPU is maxed out (building), there's no resources for your browsing.

If you still require both at the same time, try running either in VMware to help share the processor(s).

LindsayLovelock, Nov 16, 2016
  3. HIRENZT Win User
    MY WINDOWS PHONE HAVING INTERNAL MEMORY 8 GB. SYSTEM IS HAVEING 6 GB MEMORY AND WATS UP HAVING 2 GB MEMORY.NOW PHONE HANG AND I CAN NOT DELETE SYSTEM MEMROY SINCE ITS NOT ALLOWD. ANY SOLUTION.

MY MICROSOFT MEMORY IS 8 GB AND SYSTEM UTILISED 6 GB AND WATS UP UTILISED 2 GB NOW WHAT TO DO. MOBILE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY DUE TO LOW STORAGE. AND WE CAN NOT DO ANY THING.

HIRENZT, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Low CPU Utilisation

1. Low CPU Utilisation - Similar Threads - Low CPU Utilisation

2. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  3. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  4. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  5. Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden: This issue started happening a few days ago where the cpu utilisation is anywhere from 20-99% in task manager even when nothing is open. It was fine a couple of days ago. every app I open for example google chrome has been using up way too much (up to 60% on startup) for just...
  6. difference in measure of cpu utilised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    difference in measure of cpu utilised: i'm getting two different readings for cpu being used. One is from task manager other is from zoom statistics. why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-in-measure-of-cpu-utilised/e03790ce-9a54-419c-8b6a-24c5296dc8e7
  7. Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation

Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation: I have been struggling with this problem on my laptop for several months now and it has been getting worse and worse - I haven't found anywhere online with the same exact issue so I am asking for help here! The laptop is a Lenovo U41-70 with an i5-2200U CPU @2.20GHz. The...
  8. CPU Utilisation Keeps Throttling Down

CPU Utilisation Keeps Throttling Down: I have no idea how this came about, probably cause of Window updates, though I reinstalled windows and it didn't fix that. I tried doing power options, physically cleaning CPU and reapplying thermal paste. So far, nothing is working and the following problems that come with...
  9. 100% CPU Utilisation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% CPU Utilisation: Please help, task manager is showing 100% utilisation which is incorrect according to my AMD system monitor. How can I fix this, it happened after the recent updates I made through windows. Has anyone else had this error and if so is there a fix so that task manager reads...
  10. How to limit cpu utilisation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to limit cpu utilisation?: I would like limit cpu utilisation below or equal 25% in both window and Linux Forbidden swap and virtual memory if exceed this limit Bonus is to force the program to stop And request authorisation to continue to run if exceed this limit for 1 second Or pop up...