Windows 10: Low Disc Space Warning

Discus and support Low Disc Space Warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've got this nagging warning "LOW DISK SPACE" on drive G (didn't know I had a drive G). It cannot be remedied. It shows the disc as empty when I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AFTommy, Mar 26, 2018.

1. AFTommy Win User

Low Disc Space Warning

I've got this nagging warning "LOW DISK SPACE" on drive G (didn't know I had a drive G). It cannot be remedied. It shows the disc as empty when I check on explorer. What can I do?

:)

AFTommy, Mar 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Low Disc space on Drive D:

I'm warned about the 'Low Disc Space' error after every 10minutes or so. Disc Clean-up doesn't help since there are no files to delete. I've used Disk management to shrink drive C: in order to create space for the expansion of drive D:, but I'm unable
    to resize or repartition. Apparently I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, with this error. Kindly help.

KianoMaina, Mar 26, 2018
  3. low disc space

Hi,

Compatibility issue with the game is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We need additional information to help resolve your concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you getting any error message whenever the game crash?
    • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstalled the game? If not, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to help resolve the issue.
    • Does the game crash whenever a low disc space error pop-up?
    If your answer to the third questions is yes, we recommend removing the low disk space warning and see if it helps. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to remove the low disk space warning.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Mar 26, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Low Disc Space Warning

Right-click the Start button, on the resulting list click Disk Management, should show all the drives and the partitions on the drives. There will be a partition or a few that you shouldn't have direct access to with a standard installation of Win10, may be marked as System Reserved, System Restore, etc. and will be relatively small. The partition involved may have inadvertently been assigned the letter G:. Or it may be an SDHC memory card plugged in or a USB Thumb drive. Or could it be you have a second internal drive?

Berton, Mar 26, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Post a screenshot from disk management

Samuria, Mar 26, 2018
  6. AFTommy Win User
    Found it in disc management but I can't do anything with it.

AFTommy, Mar 26, 2018
  7. AFTommy Win User
    Low Disc Space Warning [​IMG]

AFTommy, Mar 26, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Low Disc Space Warning

It's shown as an 'OEM partition'. Disk Management doesn't allow you to manage some types of partitions. You should be able to remove the drive letter using Diskpart from a Command prompt (Admin) though. MiniTools Partition Wizard should be able to remove it too. For Diskpart, first SELECT the disk containing the partition, then select the partition concerned. You should then be able to use the REMOVE command.
    Code: DISKPART> HELP REMOVE Removes a drive letter or mounted folder pathname from the volume with focus. Syntax: REMOVE [LETTER=<D> | MOUNT=<PATH> | ALL] [DISMOUNT] [NOERR] LETTER=<D> The drive letter to be removed. MOUNT=<PATH> The mounted folder path to be removed. ALL Removes all current drive letters and mounted folder paths. DISMOUNT This parameter may be used if 1) all drive letters and mounted folder paths have been removed from the volume, or 2) the ALL parameter is specified. This parameter specifies that the file system is to be dismounted and the volume taken offline. If other processes are using the volume, DiskPart closes any open handles before dismounting the file system and taking the volume offline. You can bring the volume online by assigning it a driver letter, by creating a mounted folder path to the volume, or by using the ONLINE command. DISMOUNT will fail if used on a volume that has any remaining drive letters or mounted folder paths. For scripting, using REMOVE ALL DISMOUNT is recommended. NOERR For scripting only. When an error is encountered, DiskPart continues to process commands as if the error did not occur. Without the NOERR parameter, an error causes DiskPart to exit with an error code. If no drive letter or mounted folder path is specified, DiskPart removes the first drive letter or mounted folder path it encounters. If the ALL parameter is used, all current drive letters and mounted folder paths are removed. If the DISMOUNT parameter is used, DiskPart closes all open handles to the volume and then dismounts the volume and takes it offline. The REMOVE command can be used to change the drive letter associated with a removable drive. You cannot remove the drive letters on boot or paging volumes. A volume must be selected for this operation to succeed. Example: REMOVE LETTER=K REMOVE MOUNT=G:\MountH REMOVE ALL DISMOUNT DISKPART>[/quote]

9. lx07 Win User
    You can select the volume direct - no need to select disk and partition separately...

• diskpart
      [*]select volume G
      [*]remove
      [*]exit

It looks like this (although I removed D not G here)

Low Disc Space Warning [​IMG]

10. vanguard Win User
    Yeah, so I have the same problem. Suddenly a new hard drive (OEM partition), and it has about 450mb.
    I can delete the drive letter, but it keep coming back after reboots.
    I've tried to increase it size, but i dosent allow me to do it. Kinda really annoing this problem *Smile

vanguard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Low Disc Space Warning

1. Low Disc Space Warning - Similar Threads - Low Disc Space

2. Low Disc Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Disc Space: How do i go about getting more disc space? I keep getting the message low disc space. I've cleaned just about everything i can off my desk top and email. I'm showing 173MB of 227GB free. Only have 21 programmes installed that take up 1.42GB of space. What can i do to correct...
  3. Low Disc Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low Disc Space: How do i go about getting more disc space? I keep getting the message low disc space. I've cleaned just about everything i can off my desk top and email. I'm showing 173MB of 227GB free. Only have 21 programmes installed that take up 1.42GB of space. What can i do to correct...
  4. Low Disc Space Warning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low Disc Space Warning: I keep getting a "Low Disk Space" error warning for the Recovery Drive on my HP Omen Win 10 laptop, anyone know of a way to turn the warning off? I tried using a solution I found online creating a "NoLowDiscSpaceChecks" Policy but that did not work. Thanks....
  5. low disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low disc space: my windows temp folder gets flooded with event log files and uses up all space on C drive. I have to repeatedly delete all files in temp folder to continue working. How do I prevent them from accumulating?...
  6. low on disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    low on disc space: hi ive just bought my wife a 32gb tablet.when doing the initial setup it came to the windows 10 update and after hours or trying with failed updates I got a message saying my NEW tablet was low on disc space.How am I suppose to download the updates can anyone help me please...
  7. Low Disc Space pop up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low Disc Space pop up: I've had 2 updates since Low Disc pop up started: Why has this not been removed yet? 129712
  8. low disk space warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low disk space warning: How do you get the warning about low disk space on RECOVERY D: from popping up? I looked and there is nothing to delete in it and it keeps popping up every few minutes. It is really annoying so any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Low Disc Space Warning cant be removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low Disc Space Warning cant be removed: I have a full secondary drive. Due to this, i keep getting the below warning. I have in previous versions of W10 removed this warning by following this guide on how to edit the registry: https://www.howtogeek.com/349523/how-to-disable-the-low-disk-space-warning-on-windows/...
  10. Low Disc space warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low Disc space warning: Since the update I frequently receive a low disc space warning for drive D. This disc has 500 mb, of which 471 is used. How can I discontinue the warning?...