Windows 10: Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?

Discus and support Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the past, whenever I have installed or reinstalled an OS I always did so after wiping the drive clean via a third party app such as Kill Disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carbo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Carbo Win User

Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?

In the past, whenever I have installed or reinstalled an OS I always did so after wiping the drive clean via a third party app such as Kill Disk. Probably unnecessary, but what the hell.
    Currently running Windows 7 Pro and am now readying for Windows 10.
    I understand the first install of the new OS must be an upgrade over 7. Haven't done this yet but I will. It's after this that I can do a clean install, correct? My question is if I run Kill Disk after the upgrade, in essence having a factory fresh hard drive, and then pop in the Windows 10 DVD I just made, will it install?

:)

Carbo, Jul 29, 2015

2. win10 16299 crash about every 15min

- I can not recall exactly when this happen, already months, because my work computer is a mac.

- I formatted the disk (low level) and reinstall win10 not solved

- no new hardware

- all driver is installed by win10 update

- this is a almost clean system, only several common software installed

flashxenon, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Vic1248 Win User
    No notifications in Action Center

Hi,

I ran into this problem just this year on one of my Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.693 installations. After trying all repair recourses, including performing DISM & SFC, formatting my hard drive and clean-installing Windows, I discovered that the
    problem was outside of Windows 10 and had to do with HDD failure. Utilizing Windows 10 Event Viewer error logs, I discovered that my Windows 10 OS kept running into HDD 'bad block' and caused to it crash. That failure caused Boot Sector and Master Boot Record
    corruption, Windows OS system configuration corruption, and the ability to repair and/or re-install the Windows OS.

My last resort was to perform a 'low level format' on my hard drive through the Command Prompt from my Windows 10 installation media and then re-installing Windows 10. It worked!

There are situations that even formatting the hard drive cannot get rid off evasive viruses or bad sectors, proper 'low level format' for the hard drive takes care of that.

Vic1248, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Carbo, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes, you are supposed to be able to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC if you upgraded first like below. The activation servers have been overloaded, so it may not activate right away though. *Smile

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Low Level Format

2. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?: Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?If yes, what are they and how to use/ access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-in-built-tool-in-windows-10-for-low/0174a799-dc71-4948-af3b-33bd8bad96f0
  3. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?: Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?If yes, what are they and how to use/ access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-in-built-tool-in-windows-10-for-low/0174a799-dc71-4948-af3b-33bd8bad96f0
  4. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Trojan shows up after multiple low-level formats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan shows up after multiple low-level formats: hello microsoft team, I have been battling with this trojan for quite some time now. it is definitely not a typical user-based trojan cause just like the title says, it seems to keep showing up after multiple formats with different tools and utilities.I have a windows 8.1 64...
  6. Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD: Had a problem with existing HDD installation affecting the MBR. Purchased a new HDD and formatted resulting in an E: drive letter. Will installing using windows10.iso result in the installation's replacing the E: with C:?...
  7. Clean, formatted Windows 10 install, non-stop BSoDs

Clean, formatted Windows 10 install, non-stop BSoDs: At this point, I'm just about to give up and install Linux, seriously. I recently assembled an Asrock A320m Pro4 with Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, single 8gb stick of Kingston HyperX RAM (HX424C15FB2/8), GTX 1050 and fresh installed Windows 10 pro to a formatted Kingston SA400 SSD. I...
  8. Low level formatting of disk

Low level formatting of disk: I have an old laptop which I am selling. I want to completely wipe out all the content from my disk. How to do it? Do I need to reload the Windows 10?...
  9. Low Audio Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Audio Levels: While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device". To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome...
  10. Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install: Hi everyone I own a sony vaio laptop and recently did a clean install of windows 10 on it, however I noticed that the volume was significantly lower than windows 8.1. My computer uses Realtek HD Audio. I tried installing drivers from Sony's as well as Realtek's website,...