Windows 10: Low level formatting of disk

Discus and support Low level formatting of disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old laptop which I am selling. I want to completely wipe out all the content from my disk. How to do it? Do I need to reload the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sada S Iyer, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Low level formatting of disk

I have an old laptop which I am selling. I want to completely wipe out all the content from my disk.

How to do it?

Do I need to reload the Windows 10?

:)

Sada S Iyer, Aug 3, 2018

2. Low Level Format Question

Low level format is basically setting all and any bit of information on the plates to 0. There should not be problems with IDE drives, but I've never try it on one so I can't be sure. Most of the manufacturers provide some software witch you can use to low level format their HDDs and will have a list of supported drives. I think that running low level format for 2-3 times will be more than sufficient.

Grasshopper, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Low level format software

omg seriously?!! because when he said low level formatting i was like WTF is he talking about? if i was him id reinitilize the disk.

Solaris17, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Laurijan Win User

Low level formatting of disk

Low Level Format Question

Hello!

My boss at work wants me to format harddisks so that the information on them cannot be restored..

I downloaded Active@ Killdisk FREE suite to do that task.. the free version only makes Low Level Formats which i have done already for several SATA harddisks..

I would like to know if i can securly low level format IDE hardisks as well cause i have heared from a former employee of this firm i am in that IDE disk which are low level formated become unusable..

Is this true and which program can format securly all HDDs? I would like a free program which makes FBI or something like that approved formats so that nothing can restore them..

Laurijan

Laurijan, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Low level formatting of disk

1. Low level formatting of disk - Similar Threads - Low level formatting

2. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?: Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?If yes, what are they and how to use/ access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-in-built-tool-in-windows-10-for-low/0174a799-dc71-4948-af3b-33bd8bad96f0
  3. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?: Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?If yes, what are they and how to use/ access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-in-built-tool-in-windows-10-for-low/0174a799-dc71-4948-af3b-33bd8bad96f0
  4. Is there any In-Built tool in Windows 10 for low level formatting ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Trojan shows up after multiple low-level formats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan shows up after multiple low-level formats: hello microsoft team, I have been battling with this trojan for quite some time now. it is definitely not a typical user-based trojan cause just like the title says, it seems to keep showing up after multiple formats with different tools and utilities.I have a windows 8.1 64...
  6. Mic level is too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic level is too low: Hi all. I got a generic (amazon) camera that has a mic built in. The video part is running fine but the mic level (sound on the other side) is not. The generic driver is up to date. The control panel | sound | recording |Microphone | Properties | level is set at 100% I...
  7. Can I do a low-level format to rescue this drive? - my BAD

Can I do a low-level format to rescue this drive? - my BAD: I'm posting this thread about a Hitachi 7200 RPM 4 TB drive that now sells for about $125 on Newegg. The drive is now unusable due to user stupidity (me). *Busted I'm wondering if there is any way to do a low-level format such that all the file corruption caused by me can be...
  8. Low format and partition Hard disk to be use in MacBook

Low format and partition Hard disk to be use in MacBook: Hello Trying to help my daughter with her Macbook hard disk problem Can I low /repair, low format and partition a drive with my PC then use it in a Macbook? If so how do I proceed? Martin 96938
  9. Low Audio Levels

Low Audio Levels: While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device". To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome...
  10. Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?: In the past, whenever I have installed or reinstalled an OS I always did so after wiping the drive clean via a third party app such as Kill Disk. Probably unnecessary, but what the hell. Currently running Windows 7 Pro and am now readying for Windows 10. I understand the...