Windows 10: Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

Discus and support Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As soon as I fired up Sony Vegas 13 and started to record (setting up the microphone was a whole other issue), I was presented with a Low Memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BuzWeaver, Jul 31, 2015.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

As soon as I fired up Sony Vegas 13 and started to record (setting up the microphone was a whole other issue), I was presented with a Low Memory Warning (in Sony Vegas). Personally I think I should have adjusted the Virtual Memory ages ago (Win7), but here we are with Win10 and I want to get off to a good/better/best start.

I went into the Virtual Settings, with little clue as to the optimal settings for what I needed, but I fiddled through it so I could get Sony Vegas to work as I need to get a project out today. Based on the Virtual Settings image linked, what is the best settings I can use with 12g of RAM?

:)

BuzWeaver, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows App Store freezes then crashes

PS>net helpmsg (0x27B)
    {Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low}

Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.

During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.
    PS>

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Mail Version 17.8827.21595.0 Crashing When Changing Certain Settings

PS>net helpmsg (0x27B)

{Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low}

Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.

During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.

Normally this is a recoverable condition. But you could try fiddling with the PageFile settings.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Carsomyr Win User

BY chance do you have an nvidia graphics card and by chance do you have an sli configuration?

Carsomyr, Aug 1, 2015
  5. BuzWeaver Win User
    Ironically during rendering I got a Driver Error and upon checking, I didn't have the Win10 Nvidia Drivers installed. A bit of an oversight. Do you have any suggestions on the optimal settings in Virtual Memory or should I set it back to default?

BuzWeaver, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    As long as your settings are like what's pictured below you'll be good when it comes to Virtual Memory.

Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings? [​IMG]

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    The only reason I mentioned this is SLI is currently a disaster on windows 10, crazy huge memory leaks, and using a single card setup there are still some minor memory issues as well.

Carsomyr, Aug 1, 2015
  8. BuzWeaver Win User

Yep, pretty much like yours once I put it back on default:

Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings? [​IMG]

That's what I've heard.

Thanks to you both for your help.

BuzWeaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings? - Similar Threads - Low Memory Warning

2. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  3. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  4. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I increased my virtual memory by extra 10 GB but later I reduced it to default value. Therefore, now it should show 10 GB of extra free space in my hard drive but its not showing. How to get back that 10 GB space?...
  5. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: What is the advantage and disadvantage of using virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory/2e730df6-0913-4ad6-b629-d84de6c8b414
  6. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  7. windows virtual memory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows virtual memory settings: can anyone recommend best virtual memory settings for 3 gb ram computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-virtual-memory-settings/abed7870-8346-408f-a889-9db2ad1b81c8
  8. windows virtual memory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows virtual memory settings: can anyone recommend best virtual memory settings for 3 gb ram computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-virtual-memory-settings/51127e63-596e-42ca-b1c6-18be38a2fe47
  9. Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems.: I've had this laptop for about 2 years now, with Windows 10 on it. It has 16GB of RAM, and has performed well for things like 3D modeling and rendering videos. However, today I tried to render a video which should've taken 3 minutes, and it was taking 2 hours! I tried...
  10. Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings: Hello, I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs. I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives. Now the computer...