Windows 10: Low performance in games - WIN10

Discus and support Low performance in games - WIN10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Didn't go back to older video drivers yet, possibly may tomorrow if time to do that, testing out Defender one more time today....decided to since it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RulerKelso, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Low performance in games - WIN10

Didn't go back to older video drivers yet, possibly may tomorrow if time to do that, testing out Defender one more time today....decided to since it's built into Windows 10, probably less issues if Kernel updates come out still for the operating system, probably less issues with future Cumulative updates (I might be wrong on that) but was my thinking this morning when woke up.

As for Gaming issue haven't felt sluggish as yet or low frame rate as yet, so hopefully it's fixed for a bit lol

AMDMan2016, Sep 19, 2016

2. Hello guys,
    Which video driver do you reccomend for GTX970m with win10? I tryed several of them (including driver version provided by laptop manufacturer) but most games still runs like crap, mainly Assassins creed 4, AC rogue and skyrim - all of them should run in 1920x1080 and full settings on my hardware, but I have problems to run them smoothly even in much lower resolutions and settings. I dont know if these older games are optimised for win10 either, but neither newer games runs as I expected them to run. In all of these games I have visible FPS drops in certain areas and stuttering when moving.
    I already did:
    - turned off "privacy features"
    - turned off notifications
    - disabled dynamic tick
    - uninstalled unnecessary win10 applications like sport, food&restarurants, solitaire and simmilar junk *chuckle
    - played with paging file - no difference so I let it in the hands of the system management
    - uninstalled Geforce experience as someone suggested on other forum
    - used utitily to unpark CPU cores (two variables was really "parked")
    - tryed several Vsync/prerendered frames combinations
    - tryed to play without internet connection
    - disabled antivirus and firewall
    When idle, task manager shows 0% processor, 22-26%RAM and 0-2% disk, so there is certainly not problem with background processes.
    Any more suggestions? Or should I rather take back win 8.1*Smile

RulerKelso, Sep 22, 2016
  3. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Some people are saying on nVidia Forums that 368.xx or 369.09 are fine. I have a GTX 970 and 369.09 are running fine for me.
    We need this wddm 2.1 fiasco fixed asap. It's been three different nVidia driver releases and still no fix.
    And BTW: Fallout 3 and New Vegas don't work anymore with anything higher that 36x.xx
    The new wddm 2.1 introduced some sort of "not expected string" somewhere and those Bugthesda games were not prepared for that (they would not think that string would change ever).

eLPuSHeR, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Low performance in games - WIN10

I know Bethesda games are terribly optimised, but I see people on youtube with the same GPU and simmilar hardware playing skyrim with hunder of mods and several overhauls installed.
    I have problem even with vanilla skyrim (with official HD textures only).
    Tearing and unsmoothly experience starts under +-50 FPS. Tryed both in-game and NVidia Vsync, also Vsync turned off with FPS limiter, but all with with the same results.
    I will try driver you recommended, now Im using 353.74.

RulerKelso, Sep 24, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Keep 353.74 at hand just to be on the safe side.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Low performance in games - WIN10

1. Low performance in games - WIN10 - Similar Threads - Low performance games

2. GPU low performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU low performance: hello! i have this pc : - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 4x2GB RAM 1333Hz - Gigabyte GA-EP41T-UD3L DDR3 - Msi GT 1030 2GB DDR4 oc - 350w FSP power supply so i bought an RX 550 4GB G-DDR5 and before installing it i uninstalled the old GT 1030 driver using DDU and installed the...
  3. windows 10 low gaming performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 low gaming performance: ok i am playing battlefield 4 now while in game i view task manager there is a service state repository it takes cpu and my gaming hangs and fps drops what should i do 140387
  4. suddenly low gaming performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly low gaming performance: till yesterday i used to play battlefield 4 on ultra settings with resolution scale to 130 on 1080p it was butter smooth 60 fps constant but now cpu is suddenly spiking and going 100 it never happened before while in game 2 processes popsup one is windows audio service it...
  5. gaming performance low on win 10 home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    gaming performance low on win 10 home: ok so when I start battlefield 3 then minimise it and open task view this searchui.exe pops up don't know why and it takes cpu and I lag in game my fps drops what to do please help 127733
  6. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    low gaming performance win 10: I made a post earlier but no help now in game I click task manager and searchui.exe pops up suddenly it drops my frames in game and lags I disabled cortana but again this thing showed up again plz help...
  7. low gaming performance win 10

low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  8. low gaming performance after october update

low gaming performance after october update: ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost is running when I start playing i5 2500 16gb ram asus gtx770 2gb Samsung evo 860 evo ssd...
  9. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  10. Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro, and from today i got this big update. But strangely this update killed COMPLETLY the game performance of my pc. no matter how i set the graphics settings, every 5 seconds every game i have lags for about 1 second (unplayable!). I never had such...