Windows 10: Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions

Discus and support Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All Just joined Tenforums and was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to some info about graphics cards. I have the hardware below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Intrepid, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Intrepid Win User

Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions

Hi All

Just joined Tenforums and was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to some info about graphics cards. I have the hardware below that runs Win 7 Ultimate fine, but I'm planning on doing a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on this PC:
    Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 (Circa 2011 - Has PCI Express x16 slot)
    Radeon X1650
    Acer S27HL Monitor

I've already run the "Get Windows 10" compatibility report and it's said that my old (Radeon X1650 256MB PCI-E GDDR3) card isn't compatible...not surprising as neither AMD or MS have drivers for it any longer.

I'm not really a gamer but would like to use the PC for watching films at a good resolution. Anyone know of a sub £80 card that might fit the bill?

Many thanks

:)

Intrepid, Sep 10, 2015

2. windows 10 video

where can i find the compatible graphics cards list for windows 10 - my windows 7 system doesn't have a problem but can not upgrade to 10 with out replacing my video card and don't want to spend a fortune on this old system. Would like to find a compatible
    card for low price!

R W Sodaro, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Problem with upgrading VRAM w/integrated graphics Windows 10

The only way I know how to increase your graphic's memory is to add a dedicated graphic's card

If you want 1gb buy one

Here a low to high price list of graphic's cards

Products - Graphics

ThrashZone, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User
  5. I can confirm that the Radeon R7 240 works fine in Win10.

Mark Phelps, Sep 10, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
  7. caperjack Win User
    caperjack, Sep 10, 2015
  8. Intrepid Win User

Guys, thanks you so much for your suggestions and confirmations. You've given me a better starting point than just entering random cards into the MS Compatibility Center Search thing. Before I came here, I did a bit of Googling and was surprised that I didn't get loads of hits when I searched for "graphic cards compatible with windows 10".

I'll look at what you've posted and research further, hopefully adding some useful info for others who are planning to embark on the same thing as me.

Cheers

Intrepid, Sep 11, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have heard that latest AMD drivers are having issues with DXVA video playing. You should check this if you are going to watch videos.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 11, 2015
  10. larc919 Win User
    All things being equal, I would tend to prefer Radeon cards. But it's been my experience that AMD isn't very good at keeping drivers current, especially for past products. I have a couple of older NVidia cards that updated Windows 10 drivers are available for. A Radeon card newer than my oldest NVidia doesn't have a compatible driver even for 8.1.

larc919, Sep 11, 2015
  11. Intrepid Win User
    eLPuSHeR, larc919, thank you, Ill take those points into consideration. I do hate it when hardware support is on the tight side. I usually shed a tear when I have to let go of a printer that's only half way through its life-cycle, due to lack of driver availability : - )

Intrepid, Sep 12, 2015
  12. 2635599 Win User
    i can, cause i have a old 8800 gts and it works just fine, so the 240 should work great.

2635599, Sep 12, 2015
  13. Intrepid Win User

OK thanks for that. I must say, right now I'm kind of drawn to the 240. Cheers.

Intrepid, Sep 13, 2015
  14. AveYo Win User
    You would be better off with a nvidia card, specially for what you're after. DXVA works flawlessly, and then there's CUDA. Few video encodes/streams/live tv don't go well with DXVA, but work under CUDA decoder (tip: MPC-HC - the best video player).

AveYo, Sep 16, 2015
  15. 2635599 Win User
    yes on nvidia instead of ati. as for the media player yes to mpc-hc, but make sure you grab the latest k-lite mega codec pack.

2635599, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions - Similar Threads - Low priced Graphics

2. Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?: Hello all, I have a HP - Compaq HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor, in which a NVIDIA gt 1030 was running the graphics until it died on Wednesday. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for a replacement, given the small form factor of the desktop, and the need for...
  3. audio extremely low after graphic cards swap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio extremely low after graphic cards swap.: I've changed graphic cards (old= nvidia gtx 1050ti4gb- new= amd radeon rx580 8gb) and now the audio is at a ridiculous minimum, tried all the basics, even reinstalling windows from scratch. Is it some hardware incompatibility? submitted by /u/PenSimilar5504 [link]...
  4. Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?

Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?: My computer has build in intel HD graphic 530 and my game stutters when I goto town where there are alot of players. The game I play is called Ragnarok online. I been playing for over 15 years now. The game ran very smoothly on my Pentium 4 1.5GHz with 512MB of ram 15 years...
  5. Low usage on Graphics card while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low usage on Graphics card while gaming: Hi, for about a week after updating my Windows, I have noticed a huge problem while gaming. My GPU is only getting 2 to 3% utilization while gaming, down from 98%. The best example I have is when playing CS: GO, before the update I had 370+FPS, now I have about 30... It's not...
  6. Low profile graphics card recommendations

Low profile graphics card recommendations: Afternoon/Evening/Morning all... I have a SFF Desktop (HP EliteDesk 800 G2). A rather powerful computer for its size. However, I need a graphics card for it, to thus play games. It has a built in card on the board. Alas, I'd like something a little more powerful. Something...
  7. Activation Key In Low Price

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation Key In Low Price: https://www.shopclues.com/search?q=windows%2010&cid=32750&auto_suggest=1&seq=0&type=category&token=windows&count=9&z=1 it is possible...
  8. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card: Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5 where I can run the game...
  9. Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions: Hi all, Currently saving for a new GPU for my rig, Been looking into refurbished cards due to the price drop, I can get a GTX 1080 refurbished for about £370. I've never really had any experience with a refurbished card before, Is it a massive no no? Its either that or...
  10. The Best Graphics Cards: Nvidia vs. AMD at Every Price Point

in Windows 10 News
    The Best Graphics Cards: Nvidia vs. AMD at Every Price Point: You might say 2015 hasn't been the most exciting year for graphics cards, though in many ways it was more eventful than 2014. The only big highlight last year was the arrival high-end Maxwell GPUs in the form of the GeForce GTX 980 and 970. Then this year Maxwell did what...