Windows 10: Low res on some app icons?

Discus and support Low res on some app icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, May 21, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

Low res on some app icons?

Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for comparison.

:)

meebers, May 21, 2015
  2. Ian Ser Win User

one High res monitor and one low res monitor

Hello Bob,

To try and help you with the issue, please follow these steps below:

• Press Windows Key or click Start, and then type and click
      Display Settings.
    • Choose Display on the left side. On the right side panel, choose
      Advanced display settings.
    • The new window should show you number 1 and 2 which indicates that there are currently 2 monitors being detected by your computer. Choose the monitor which needs to have the resolution changed and change its resolution by clicking on the drop down option
      under Resolution. Please use the recommended resolutions. You can change it later to your desire.
    • Check the issue gets resolved.

Let us know the results

Ian Ser, May 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 . Phone Camera App - Resolution Low Res - Saving Error... - How I Cure It

Hopefully this may help fellow Window 10 Phone users.

I have been plagued by the stupid camera "saving" message for the last few months, combined with the image only saving as a 960 x 720 low resolution file. I tried everything possible to solve - updates, soft resets, hard resets and more updates, even speaking
    my to company IT team who manage the phones. Anyway speaking to MS, who advise me that there is a log file of some kind causing the system to hang The solution which to date has worked fine is to to basically re-install the original software (not simply
    doing a hard reset) this meant basically winding back the system Window 8.

This sadly deletes everything so back up everything, and also be prepared to spend the evening updating to W10 and all the apps. Its pain but this is the only solution that has worked for me if all the normal resets have failed!!!

https://repairavoidance.blob.core.windows.net/packages/WindowsDeviceRecoveryToolInstaller.exe or

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Hope this helps a few people out who have been plaqued by this stupid problem.

Andy_Handy, May 21, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

There are already numerous threads talking about this... it's a well known issue...

Mystere, May 21, 2015
  5. meebers Win User
    ok must have missed it. These same app icons looked normal with 10074.

meebers, May 21, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    @Brink you should make a sticky about the icon issue, cause it just keeps popping up in new threads...

Mystere, May 21, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 21, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

@Brink Yeah, i'm just not sure people are going to see it and will just keep starting new threads or bombing other threads.. It seems to be the single most common complaint, and I figured a sticky thread titled with it would let people see it. But oh well.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Low res on some app icons? - Similar Threads - Low res app

2. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  3. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  4. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  5. Recently the icons in explorer are often low res/old, restarting explorer.exe fixes it. Any...

Recently the icons in explorer are often low res/old, restarting explorer.exe fixes it. Any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_AIVD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9cqu6/recently_the_icons_in_explorer_are_often_low/
  6. Low res/Pixelated icon in windows search Top Apps list

in Cortana
    Low res/Pixelated icon in windows search Top Apps list: the title says it all, my top apps icon in windows search looks so low res and some kind of pixelated does someone have that problem too, cause ive searched on internet and find no solution or how to fix that [ATTACH] thank you...
  7. File explorer appears in low-res?

File explorer appears in low-res?: [ATTACH] Hey! I'm sure there's an easy trick for this I'm missing. In the past two weeks or so, my file explorer has started appearing in low-res when it's opened via an upload screen. Doesn't do this in any other situation. It's not major but really annoys me - any ideas...
  8. Stuck in low -res in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck in low -res in W10: I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change. Monitor works fine with another W10 machine and with other PCs and laptops. What is the fix? Monitor comes up as Generic, so cannot load the correct...
  9. PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res: Hi, so I just bought a new monitor and I've been having a problem with the edges being cut off, I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 and an i7-8700. Also on this new monitor I find that some of the text that appears on the screen is in high resolution while the rest...
  10. Steam Running in low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Running in low res: Hi all I just installed Windows 10 Pro from the official updater in what was Windows 7. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 there are a few bits I am tweaking to get them how I like them but one I cannot find a fix for. 1. When I open Steam it opens in ultra low...