Windows 10: Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

Discus and support Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing a problem when starting up my PC. When I start it the BIOS boot appears, that's all good. After BIOS I get the Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MasterChief8810, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem when starting up my PC. When I start it the BIOS boot appears, that's all good. After BIOS I get the Windows logo with the circle with small dots going round and round. But just before the login screen appears the screen goes black and then the small dots going round and round shows up again, but this time in low resolution (I can clearly make out the "pixels"). In this brief moment the Windows logo is NOT there, only the dots going round.

This happend after a crash while I was playing BF1. My CPU was OC'ed to 4.5 GHz with 1.28V. i7 4770k.

What I have done to fix the problem: I have reinstalled Windows 10 via Windows Media Creation tool on USB. But the problems is still there. I've never had this issue before.

When Windows 10 is installed, I install chipset drivers, LAN and audio (in that order with reboot after each). And then the newest Nvidia graphics drivers, with a reboot after install.

BTW: Timings on my monitor is default and I've tried both 60 Hz and 144 Hz. Same issue.

Hope someone can help *Smile

:)

MasterChief8810, Jan 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 Updated - Black Screen with Cursor Issue

Hi,

Booting in Low-resolution Video Mode didn't work. I just ended up with the same black screen and cursor.

Thanks

stealthferret, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Usb device unplugged sound + resolution dropping to lowest

Just finished upgrading to windows 10 - looks really freaking cool. Anyways when I first booted it up, it looks terrible - low quality. I checked the advanced options in display and therein lies the problem - very low resolution. I switch it to 1080p resolution
    and voila looks crisp and clean.

NOW. A few minutes later (10-15min), the usb unplugged sound is heard, and the resolution drops to the lowest one and shifts everything to the bottom right. I got lucky, as I was still able to reach the buttons partially and switch back to 1080p resolution

My question is if there is something I must do to prevent this? usb unplugging could it be a driver for my graphics card, or simply the monitor not working well with windows 10? When I first booted up the new OS, it started off in the very low resolution.

Antda Ralos, Jan 21, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

I don't remember exactly what options I set, yet I used CCleaner to clean up the computer from useless temporary files once. When I started up the computer again, the 'Pixelized Spinning Circles' disappeared.

pepanee, Jan 22, 2017
  5. OK. I will try this. Although I would have thought that a clean install of Windows 10 would be "healthy" and not have any kind of useless temporary files.

Thank you for replying!

Anyone else had this issue?

MasterChief8810, Jan 22, 2017
  6. Are you having any graphics issues after the PC boots?

DeaconFrost, Jan 22, 2017
  7. I have noticed a "flicker" that occur after Windows login. It happend while I was on my desktop doing nothing. Other than that; no. While gaming it all seems fine.

(The flicker thing happend once, so have to use it more to see if its a problem that persists)

I have now clean installed again, and the same thing is happening. Even before drivers are installed I get these "two" Windows starting up sequences, the one were the Windows logo is, and the other were the screen is black but the dot's are going round. I have tried MSCONFIG and ticked the "No GUI at boot". But the problem is still there, just without the dots going round.

I don't quite understand why this would happen after a CPU overclock? Have it somehow broken the MB or something?

NB: I have no currently active overclock. Only X.M.P on my RAM.

MasterChief8810, Jan 22, 2017
  8. Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

MasterChief8810, Jan 23, 2017
  9. I made an interesting discovery! When plugging in my old monitor with HDMI, the issue disappeared. When going back to my new monitor, that only has DP, the issue reappeared. So... Could it be how Windows 10 reacts to DP cables, or could my DP cable be faulty?

10. pepanee Win User
    I think that one cable loads quicker than the other when the Windows makes the monitor temporarily turn off when switching between the windows when loading Windows. But if you want to try out the cable that made it disappear for a few days and see how you like that, then why not try that?

pepanee, Jan 23, 2017
  11. Yeah *Smile I'll think I'll try this and see. The problems is the cable I reckon! Thank you all for your replies! *Biggrin

12. But still! It's weird that this happens after the crash I had...

MasterChief8810, Jan 24, 2017
  13. Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

Hello,

I have the same problem.... i saw your video and i have exactly the same behavior.... is it solved ? if yes how ?

Thank you

christizzz, May 8, 2017
  14. Archie123 Win User
    You reinstalled windows because of that! *Biggrin Have you tried forcing a disable on your iGPU in bios?

Archie123, May 8, 2017
  15. Yes i reinstalled windows from scratch and its still doing it....*Smile.... how to disable iGPU in the BIOS? what is iGPU ? i have the Z170 Pro Gaming MoBo...

Thank you

christizzz, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen

1. Low resolution on Windows 10 boot screen - Similar Threads - Low resolution boot

2. Low resolution text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution text: I've been dealing with this "low resolution text". I don't know where did it come from. I tried to watch YouTube videos to make my PC get better Frames Per Second. Any help? This is how it looks like....
  3. Low resolution text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution text: I've been dealing with this "low resolution text". I don't know where did it come from. I tried to watch YouTube videos to make my PC get better Frames Per Second. Any help? This is how it looks like....
  4. Low Screen Resolution When Booting into Macrium Reflect Free Rescue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Low Screen Resolution When Booting into Macrium Reflect Free Rescue: Greetings, Using MR v7.2.5107 on a Windows 19041.508 Home PC with a Nvidia GeForce GT705 / Intel HD Graphics 4600, when I boot to MR Rescue, I only get 800 x 600 screen resolution - no other higher resolution options. Windows 10 resolution is 1920 x 1080 and works fine. This...
  5. Custom scaling for low resolution screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom scaling for low resolution screens: Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price range) and I just know the size of the windows and text and everything won't give me enough "real estate" so to speak, and...
  6. Games Are In Low Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Are In Low Screen Resolution: Help All My Games Are In Low Screen Resolution These Games Are Not Made By Xbox Or Supported By Xbox Its Just Plain Old Games I Believe They Are From The 2000s And The Windows Taskbar Shows When I'm Playing Games In Full Screen The Games I Have Is: CueClub Subway Surfurs...
  7. Low text resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low text resolution: This is an example of how does my font looks like now. My whole computer texts are pixeled, help.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-text-resolution/3a240caa-dfac-4dfc-9d9d-abc2ac51f90f
  8. Windows 10 Default Wallpaper Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Wallpaper Low Resolution: So guys, for some reason Windows 10's default wallpaper (which I like) is stuck at 1024 x 768 (or whatever the resolution is after a clean install) even after going to my native resolution of 1920 x 1080 after installing my GPU drivers. Is there a way to force Windows into...
  9. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  10. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot screen low resolution

2. windows boot screen resolution

3. boot screen resolution windows 10

4. windows 10 boot resolution,
  5. low resolution boot screen