Windows 10: Low Resolution

Discus and support Low Resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Smokes68, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Smokes68 Win User

Low Resolution

Hello
    Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons smaller it still does not look right, I thought this may be down to the motherboard M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 on board vga (I will be getting a better MB a bit later on following suggestions from people on here suggested Thanks for the advice) I tried an old ATI 4600 which worked very well with Win XP with drivers newly downloaded from AMD this made no difference

My laptop resolution is great at 1440 x 900 running the same operating systems with dual boot Win10 RS! and Win7 Pro with SP1

I have tried searching forums, YouTube, Google and now out of ideas of what to try next?

Thanks
    Smokes

Sorry if I have posted in wrong section

:)

Smokes68, Jan 16, 2017

2. Resolution low

What is the make and model of your computer? This will help us determine previous versions of the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2017
  3. NoaKozina Win User
    Resolution low

I installed AMD autodetect and it said that the components are already installed

NoaKozina, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Low Resolution

RoasterMen, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Smokes68 Win User
    Thank you for the reply and link. I will give this a try and see what happens with 13.4 (13 is a bad number *Wink, I tried 13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql yesterday. What i dont understand is the issue with the onboard vga before I tried this card as a last resort. the last time I bought a graphics card was when I bought the Asus ATI 4600 does anyone have any suggestion what to buy Im not interested in top end gaming Im looking for something thats tried and tested, does not sound like a jet, something that will me to play the odd game or 2 and run CS6 Photoshop and Illustrator.

Thanks
    Smokes

Smokes68, Jan 16, 2017
  6. There isn't. AMD did not provide official drivers for the 4000 series on Windows 10. It's either go back to Windows 7 or buy a new one (You wouldn't need anything higher than GT 740).

RoasterMen, Jan 16, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    Just for fun, I checked the Microsoft Update catalog.

Microsoft Update Catalog

The results are mostly for Intel onboard graphics, but there are supposed entries for the HD 4600 (engineering sample?) for Win 8 and 8.1. They are listed as WDDM 1.1 (Win 7). In principle, that could be good enough for Win 10, but I wouldn't count on it.

bobkn, Jan 18, 2017
  8. Smokes68 Win User

Low Resolution

Hi
    I wish I could come back and give a positive update with everything working, its far from fixed. Here is what I have tried since posting last, I have tried my best to try and figure out what is happening, depression isnt helping neither is Google.

Used DDU and chose new
    M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 checked for latest drivers, chipset wanted to install AMD video I chose NO
    Samsung Sync Master 225BW worked brilliant with old Gigabyte motherboard running Win XP
    EVGA GF GT 610 1GB DDR3 I think I have got the latest driver Nvidia_GE 610-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql
    DVI-D Single link cable using suggested settings 1680x1050 anything below looks shocking
    When using the suggested (rec) settings, web pages on 100% have quite a bit of white to left and right vertical borders, this may be down to the high resolution setting and would explain things a bit clearer if everything else was like this and smaller but its not. 1024x768 looks terrible with Win10 and Win7 on the desktop I can get 10 vertical icons on the screen but they still look big as does the fonts, despite having selected 100% and small
    Also with the same MB and operating systems my front panel MMC usb reader shows power but does not detect anything cant see this being related to screen resolution tried searching Google and no further forward.

Old Dell 6410 laptop running at 1440 x 900 and its perfect with Win7 x64 with SP1 and Win 10 RS1 x64 (same as Desktop)

I used to run Win XP (not now) on the same monitor at 1024 x 768 without any issues, never anything like this it was nice and sharrp and this was with an ATI 4600.Can any of this be sorted?

Thanks
    Smokes

Smokes68, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Low Resolution

1. Low Resolution - Similar Threads - Low Resolution

2. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  3. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  4. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  6. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  7. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot

My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot: My monitor gets black after some time and I tested both Win 10 and 11 on my comp but still the same result. I have a Ryzon 5 4600 CPU and NVDIA 3080 with the latest driver. If I login Remote with Chrome Remote, this is what it looks like:...
  9. My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot: My monitor gets black after some time and I tested both Win 10 and 11 on my comp but still the same result. I have a Ryzon 5 4600 CPU and NVDIA 3080 with the latest driver. If I login Remote with Chrome Remote, this is what it looks like:...
  10. I have a laptop and the resolution set during setup is too low for me to get past it.How...

I have a laptop and the resolution set during setup is too low for me to get past it.How...: I am trying to install windows 11 on my laptop and the resolution is to set to low. I skipped the Wi-Fi set up because I couldn’t see any Wi-Fi is because of the low resolution but I can’t get past the privacy section...