Windows 10: Low sound volume

Discus and support Low sound volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since going from Win8 to Win10 tech preview I have had to increase my volume a lot more than before to hear anything. Has anyone else had sound volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jscarano, Feb 2, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Low sound volume

Since going from Win8 to Win10 tech preview I have had to increase my volume a lot more than before to hear anything. Has anyone else had sound volume issues with Win10? thanks

:)

jscarano, Feb 2, 2015

2. Sound volume is low after 1703 update.

Use the Volume mixer to check. I found one app was set ridiculously low in it.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 2, 2015
  3. ArabAhmed Win User
    Alarm Volume low.

When my alarm starts , the alarm sound is too low. My ringtone and other volumes are set to full. But still the volume sounds too low.

i have checked for update and it is up to date.

my alarm sound is "on the bridge"

i have tried other sounds but the problem is still the same .

Need a solution.

ArabAhmed, Feb 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Low sound volume

I did at one point have the same issue but it cleared up when I re-booted my PC. In addition I did download the drivers for the audio for my motherboard so if I have to I can re-install them.

BunnyJ, Feb 2, 2015
  5. jscarano Win User
    Thanks. I have restarted my laptop several times and installed the realtek audio drivers from toshibas site. I can deal with it for now I guess :-/ . Hopefully Microsoft will fix this sound issues in future builds.

jscarano, Feb 2, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Could it be any of these, whether obvious or not, or all the above or, a combination thereof?

Low sound volume [​IMG]

Low sound volume [​IMG]

Low sound volume [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 2, 2015
  7. The loudness option is no longer available for the nvidia HDMI sound device in my setup with updated geforce drivers. because I use CEC via Vizio TV with a surround sound system, I have to use this particular device rather than use either the onboard sound or an additional PCIe device.

This is probably more an nvidia issue than a windows 10 issue...but since they claim to have worked closely with MS during the development of windows 10....well, i kind of see it as a issue both need to resolve for the future.

Some of my applications have a decent volume level, like my very old unsupported Winamp. However, flash/html5/silverlight video via Edge, Firefox or Chrome is very subdued and there doesn't appear to be any option to boost the volume at this time.

zenonymous, Aug 2, 2015
  8. javaatsm Win User

Low sound volume

This helped a little:
    Right click on the Volume icon,
    Playback Devices
    Right Click on Speakers
    Advanced
    Select 24bit,192000 Hz (Studio Quality)

javaatsm, Aug 2, 2015
  9. That *might* work but it's definitely not the setting that's missing nor the one that should affect volume to any significant extent, plus not every(nor many consumer grade nor GPU integrated) sound devices have that sampling rate. I'm really trying to avoid rerouting cards and cables because of an obvious software programming oversight between versions of windows coupled with versions of the nvidia driver.

zenonymous, Aug 2, 2015
  10. PRMan Win User
    Quiet speakers on Windows is almost always a sign that the correct audio drivers are missing (Realtek, Via, etc.).

PRMan, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Stinger Win User
    I had low volume on Win7, Win8/8.1 and Win10 using Realtek HD audio.
    Here is a fix that worked for me:
    Make SURE your Windows sound level is set to low before doing this!
    * Access the Realtek sound program
    * On a desktop pc the rear green connector is normally used. Right click the icon and you have 2 options:
    "New reassignment of contact/connector" or "sound settings" (or my english translation is a little off)
    * Choose new reassignment of contact/connector
    * Change from frontspeaker out to headphones
    * Click OK and you are finished.

I can't guarantee that this will work for all of you, but I can no longer listen to music with audio settings at 100% because it is way to loud after doing this.

Low sound volume [​IMG]

Stinger, Aug 7, 2015
  12. jlady Win User
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by moving the stereo jack to the headphone output. Not ideal, but it works.

jlady, Aug 15, 2015
  13. crach Win User

Low sound volume

Found A soultion to my exact problem.

crach, Sep 4, 2015
  14. Nighteg Win User
    I don't have this option. Still haven't found a solution.

Nighteg, Nov 27, 2015
  15. jscarano Win User
    I no longer have an issue with it. I checked the loudness option and that helped.

jscarano, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Low sound volume

1. Low sound volume - Similar Threads - Low sound volume

2. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Sound is very low even at 100% volume I've been having troubles with my computer's sound settings. My speakers are extremely quiet. I can only hear them extremely low when I raise my volume to 100%. My speaker's volume settings is at maximum as well. All of my wires are...
  3. Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound: My earphones works perfectly fine on my phone but when I plugged it in on my PC, it produces a very low volume sound. I tried re-installing Realtek, updating it and used the Windows 10 HD audio driver.My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V....
  4. W10 sound extremely low volume

W10 sound extremely low volume: I removed and installed my MB into my wife's tower. I finally have it all setup, EXCEPT, I have extremely low volume from my external speakers connected to line out and from headphones connected to the HD Audio front panel jack. Sound is the same with or without the HD audio...
  5. System Sound but it's low volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  6. Low Volume Sound in Laptop

Low Volume Sound in Laptop: Volume sound in my Laptop is too low, despite making trobleshooting and adjusting to maximun levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume-sound-in-laptop/798cfeed-767e-464c-8e00-595d97f8b162
  7. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  8. Low sound volume?

Low sound volume?: Since updating my wife's and my Sister-N-Law's laptops to the April update And the CU the volume on their laptops is low even though the volume is set to 100. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card drivers. My wife's...
  9. Please help low sound/volume on tablet

Please help low sound/volume on tablet: hi all. i bought a nextbook flexx 10 tablet and its not bad but the volume is so low on this thing if two people are talking in a room i cannot hear the tablet. is there anything i can on windows 10 to increase the volume? i have tried to go into speaker properties and go to...
  10. Windows 10 low sound volume.

Windows 10 low sound volume.: I just did a clean win10 install yesterday, everything works fine except for my audio sound volume. My device is compatible, it works just fine under Windows 8.1 but its way too small compared from my Windows 10 now. *Sad 14081