Windows 10: LPT driver broke in 1511

Discus and support LPT driver broke in 1511 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For anyone using the parallel port on their computer for a printer or other device like a lot of restaurants use the printer option, the driver has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by banger, Dec 25, 2015.

1. banger Win User

LPT driver broke in 1511

For anyone using the parallel port on their computer for a printer or other device like a lot of restaurants use the printer option, the driver has been broken on the 1511 update.

Workarounds

Enable Legacy PNP devices in the port properties in device manager.

or

disable and reable the port in device manager

or

create a log on script that disables and enables the port using devcon.exe from Windows Driver Kit.

The workaround lasts as long as you dont reboot, if you do the workaround has to be re-applied.

More detail in this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...90c24a6?page=2

:)

banger, Dec 25, 2015

2. Parallel LPT - How has Windows 10 recently been updated to change the treatment of a parallel port?

Donne,

I have brand new motherboard Asrock AM1B-ITX in my server. I selected it when upgrading to Windows 10. This is one of few that still has LPT port on it. I need the port for my large format printer HP Designjet 3800cp (also 20+ years old). After initial installation
    of the Windows 10 and printer driver (used printer driver for Windows 7) all worker great. Few weeks ago after windows update - printer started reporting error when attempting to print. I found out that I can get it to work if I disable LPT port and enable
    it back after few seconds. So this may help you a bit - easier than reinstallation.

I think Microsoft broke something in the LPT driver with the update. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

MateuszKruzel, Dec 25, 2015
  3. DanBelo Win User
    Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

the problem is lpt port is missing on windows 10 . adapter doesnt work because no driver, send driver for lpt

DanBelo, Dec 25, 2015
  4. eschmenk Win User

LPT driver broke in 1511

I certainly wished I had been aware of this before upgrading my father's computer to Windows 10. The upgrade implements the 1511 update now, so it has this problem. I had assumed it was a problem with the drivers for the printer. instead.

Anyway, if you want to reset the LPT port using the Device Manager each time you boot your computer, probably the easiest way to do it is to go to the "Resources" tab for the LPT port in the Device Manager and un-check, then check (or visa-versa) the "Use automatic settings" toggle, then click "OK". To make it easier on my father, I implemented the script provided by DAC324 in the page banger linked to in the previous post. In my case, the script was as follows:

I obtained devcon.exe by downloading and installing the Windows 10 Driver Kit (WDK). The file was saved in one of the subfolders of the "tools" folder. As DAC324 suggested, I scheduled the script to run upon Windows login. It seems to work so far.

eschmenk, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

LPT driver broke in 1511

1. LPT driver broke in 1511 - Similar Threads - LPT driver broke

2. Windows setup display driver broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  3. Windows setup display driver broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  4. Unable to delete LPT Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete LPT Port: I am attempting to delete an LPT port as it appears in my printer options but is unused however when deleting it states 'Selected port cannot be deleted, the request is not supported'...
  5. Unable to delete LPT Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to delete LPT Port: I am attempting to delete an LPT port as it appears in my printer options but is unused however when deleting it states 'Selected port cannot be deleted, the request is not supported'...
  6. Unable to delete LPT Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows defender broke my drivers

Windows defender broke my drivers: Ok guys so i put amd drivers to update and in middle of ubdating i got error and my drivers got completed broke. So i booted safe mode used ddu and boot normal try instaling drives and boom error amd drivers file system error -1073740791. Then i try running difrent version of...
  8. Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?

Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511. I've not updated to Version 1607 because of FUD regarding the NVIDIA drivers. Starting a couple of days ago, just after a Windows update, I have a 1511 problem: when I boot up, the displays (I have 4) blink at seemingly random times, and...
  9. Build 1511 breaks HP DeskJet 710C driver

Build 1511 breaks HP DeskJet 710C driver: Hp broke the x64 driver for win 8.1, seems now after working fine on win 10 32 bit for months build 1511 has broken the 32 bit driver, not the printer as it still works on a dual XP boot, what are they playing at? 33820
  10. 1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX?

1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX?: gang I had a perfectly running ASUS Zenbook UX305FA - first device i've had for which the Conexant audio driver would work consistently. Until 1511 came to town. Now broke again. The temp solution is to uninstall it in favor of generic High Def Device [MS]. but that will not...