Windows 10: lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ?

Discus and support lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Home, fully updated. Malwarebytes, MRT.exe, SpybotSD, and Symantec Endpoint all report zero problems. Yesterday,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hazmat2812, Feb 8, 2017.

1. lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ?

Hi,
    I'm running Windows 10 Home, fully updated. Malwarebytes, MRT.exe, SpybotSD, and Symantec Endpoint all report zero problems.

Yesterday, C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe tried to send data to a cloudfront.net server, TCP port 80. I haven't seen this before and would have noticed. Reading an overview of that service, it shouldn't need to send data anywhere, much less to a non-Microsoft server. Does Microsoft really utilize Amazon's Cloudfront network for this service, and does it seem reasonable that the local security service is sending data elsewhere (and for me to allow it)?

Thanks
    Haz

:)

hazmat2812, Feb 8, 2017

2. I asked this stupid version of Windows what Port(s) it used for wifi!

A lot of confusion here!

Answer one, is based on someone looking for where to connect some device to the computer (like where do I plug in this USB mouse?)

Answer two, is based on someone needing to know how network routing works.

Third possible answer is based someone trying to determine what hardware resources their WiFi device in their computer is using (I/O ports). If you are looking for the hardware resources, then the answer might also be that it uses no I/O ports, instead
    it might be using memory mapped I/O. For most devices if you select Win Key + X -> Device Manager and double click on the device, there will be a Resources tab that will give you these.

If you are talking about network routing then the answer is the WiFi doesn't really use any ports, it the network data and programs that uses ports. As in a port is in fact just a number in data packet that the system routes based on what programs have
    stated they need it. WiFi is just the "medium" that the data packets flow through. As in you are running a web server. The web server opens/listens on port 80. When the system gets data in from the network (from some network device driver) the system looks
    at the port and if it is 80 sends it to the web server. There can only be one web server (only one program can be setup to listen on port 80), so it knows exactly what program to send the data to. On the client side (your web browser), it is a bit different
    it connects to the machine using its IP address and the port 80. As soon as it connects to the server they negotiate to talk to each other on another random port. This allows you to use multiple web browsers on your machine. The initial connection is 80,
    but most of the data goes over another port. Data finds its way to the right program because of the IP address and the port. Note that all of this is just numbers in a data packet.

A_User_Here, Feb 8, 2017
  3. joyfeal Win User
    access youtube on port 80 (E51)- how to route apps to port 80

hi eydryan,

With regards to your enquiry, the port 80 is the port that the server "listens to" or expects to receive from a Web client, assuming that the default was taken when the server was configured or set up. A port can be specified in the range from 0-65536 on the
    NCSA server. However, the server administrator configures the server so that only one port number can be recognized. By default, the port number for a Web server is 80.

From this it means that your service provider have configured your internet to be acccessed only via port 80 which in return will limit your access to the internet.

in any case, to access youtube from your phone try

m.youtube.com

let me know if this helps

joyfeal, Feb 8, 2017
  4. lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ?

Ok, it looks like this is the Battleye service, every time it is started. Kinda curious what data they send to themselves from lsass.exe, but that seems to be it.

hazmat2812, Feb 11, 2017
Thema:

lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ?

1. lsass.exe on Win10 sending data to Amazon/CloudFront server port 80 ? - Similar Threads - lsass exe Win10

2. Any Reason Why 'Amazon CloudFront' was Making Connections to 'System Idle Process'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any Reason Why 'Amazon CloudFront' was Making Connections to 'System Idle Process': I ran netstat -ano to get a list of connections and there was an IP for Amazon Cloudfront making a TCP connection to System Idle Process on Port 443is there any real reason why? I know what Amazon Cloudfront is, and I know there's one in the city I live near, but I was not...
  3. Apache/2.4.52 Ubuntu Server at ext.iadispatcher.com Port 80 What does it mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apache/2.4.52 Ubuntu Server at ext.iadispatcher.com Port 80 What does it mean?: How can I correct this on my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache2452-ubuntu-server-at-extiadispatchercom/465692b6-5567-40ca-887d-ea2147a7f1f5
  4. 0X80004005 - Error sending status message to Management Points Port 80

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0X80004005 - Error sending status message to Management Points Port 80: Hello team,I am facing the SCCM0x80004005 issue while deploying OS to system and it fails with the "Error sending Report to Management Points "http://servername Port80 from remote DP. Verify Management Points - 0x80004005" code. It happens in between, not on the Task Sequence...
  5. 0X80004005 - Error sending status message to Management Points Port 80

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0X80004005 - Error sending status message to Management Points Port 80: Hello team,I am facing the SCCM0x80004005 issue while deploying OS to system and it fails with the "Error sending Report to Management Points "http://servername Port80 from remote DP. Verify Management Points - 0x80004005" code. It happens in between, not on the Task Sequence...
  6. 0X80004005 - Error sending status message to Management Points Port 80

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Port 80 and Port 443 non existent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port 80 and Port 443 non existent: I am trying to use apache for a web development class and we are required to use xmapp to do so, Apache runs on port 80 and I believe SQL runs on port 443 but when i check netstat these ports are not even listed. Nothing I can tell is assigned to these ports either I do not...
  8. Port 80/443 not responding

Port 80/443 not responding: La instalarea unui program apare eroarea „Port 80 is not responding” și „Port 443 is not responding”. Am încercat deblocarea prin Windows Firewall > New Inbound Rule/New Outbound Rule dar nu a funcționat. Apar aceleași erori. Îmi puteți recomanda o soluție?...
  9. 80 port was used by HTTP.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    80 port was used by HTTP.sys: I want to use IIS and nginx at the same time. But I found that http service is using 80 port, and it's PID is 4, so I cannot kill it. With disabled http service, IIS cannot start anyway. HOW can I both using IIS in 8080 port and nginx in 80 port?...
  10. Sending data via Bluetooth to PC/Bluetooth port not available

Sending data via Bluetooth to PC/Bluetooth port not available: Hello everyone!! I'm trying to send data wirelessly (without USB) from a sensor connected to Arduino UNO (like an HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor) using the AT-09 Bluetooth module. I'm trying to configure the serial port (COM port) the Bluetooth module is going to use to send the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amazon cloud front data packets

2. lsass port 80

3. lsass port 443 microsoft

4. lsas port 80,
  5. cloudfront amazon on my tcp,
  6. local security lsas microsoft ip port 80