Windows 10: lsass related

Discus and support lsass related in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soumyadeep Ghorui, Apr 16, 2024.

1. lsass related

Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows.

:)

Soumyadeep Ghorui, Apr 16, 2024

2. Sasser worm, lsass

It actually detected a lot, but i believe it was a trojan who was attacking the "lsass" (it was actually from windows, the lsass)

This trojan was located in "C:/Windows/Temp/svchost.exe", i believe it was this.

Avg also detected a Adplugin, but i dont believe it was that.

ManéCarvalhaes, Apr 16, 2024
  3. What actually the process LSASS does and why it actually consumes a large amount of bandwidth quota?

What actually the process LSASS does and why it actually consumes a large amount of bandwidth quota? This machine runs on Windows 2016. What are the troubleshooting steps to minimize the bandwidth consumption.

SarvesSMSSB, Apr 16, 2024
  4. lsass related

Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

Hy,

we are experiencing errors while logging in with Smart Card. Precisely it is error ID 5, but we tried to disable LSASS through Local Group Policy and it worked.

When LSASS is disabled the Smart Card Login is working normally. The problem is that I do not want to leave LSASS in a disabled state and I don't think that is a solution to the problem.

Anyone had the same problem maybe?

All idea's are welcome.

Marko Rukavina, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

lsass related

1. lsass related - Similar Threads - lsass related

2. Is anyone experiencing LSASS issues on client OS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is anyone experiencing LSASS issues on client OS?: I've been looking for a related post for this, but has anyone encountered the know issue with the LSASS memory leak that occurred with Domain Controllers, on client machines. Detailed article here...THIS JUST IN!!!! High LSASS Usage After Windows Update 3B March 2024 -...
  3. Is anyone experiencing LSASS issues on client OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone experiencing LSASS issues on client OS?: I've been looking for a related post for this, but has anyone encountered the know issue with the LSASS memory leak that occurred with Domain Controllers, on client machines. Detailed article here...THIS JUST IN!!!! High LSASS Usage After Windows Update 3B March 2024 -...
  4. Is anyone experiencing LSASS issues on client OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shouldn't LSASS show as a trusted Microsoft app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shouldn't LSASS show as a trusted Microsoft app?: Hello,I have a process manager APP that tells me all running APPs if they are signed and trusted.The SLASS does not show any info like others do. File location, Name of Company, and so on. Every APP has trusted credentials but SLASS and mpDefender are unknown.Does this mean...
  6. Shouldn't LSASS show as a trusted Microsoft app?

Shouldn't LSASS show as a trusted Microsoft app?: Hello,I have a process manager APP that tells me all running APPs if they are signed and trusted.The SLASS does not show any info like others do. File location, Name of Company, and so on. Every APP has trusted credentials but SLASS and mpDefender are unknown.Does this mean...
  7. Microsoft confirms KB5036909 issues in Windows Server with NTLM traffic, LSASS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms KB5036909 issues in Windows Server with NTLM traffic, LSASS: Microsoft has confirmed new issues in KB5036909 for Windows Server 2022 that could cause a surge in NTLM traffic and even lead to LSASS crashes, which could reboot your system automatically. To fix issues with KB5036909, you can run DISM /online /get-packages and manually...
  8. lsass related

lsass related: Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-related/05410a9b-0839-461e-a6b0-195ec5528bc4
  9. Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?

Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?: Hi everyone, doubt here:One of the most recommended ASR rule to harden Windows is 'Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe' So, I've set it to WARN, and since then I've received tons of notifications from Defender about that...
  10. Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?: Hi everyone, doubt here:One of the most recommended ASR rule to harden Windows is 'Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe' So, I've set it to WARN, and since then I've received tons of notifications from Defender about that...