Windows 10: m.2 ssd

Discus and support m.2 ssd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ocir, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ocir Win User

m.2 ssd

Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive?

:)

ocir, Nov 1, 2016
  2. PaulRujan Win User

inaccessible M.2 SSD boot device

Dear Andre,

many thanks for the help. As I explained, I look for a solution where I do not have to reinstall all my software, that will take me again a lot of time. As for now, the SAME desktop does power up with a SATA disk using the actual Windows 10 pro, so I can
    just start the programs I need from the (now non-system) M.2 SSD drive, almost all of them. That buys me time until Microsoft fixes this bug.

In any case, I downloaded the 1703 version as you suggested and I will try your solution once I have more time (and the nerves). I think the guys writing the Spectre updates forgot an if/then regarding devices on PCH. It can be also the case that some drivers
    did have some "uncovered" security flaws, which now flew out. MS is suspect by default, given the company history but they improved a lot lately.

Many thanks again,

With best regards,

Paul

PaulRujan, Nov 1, 2016
  3. inaccessible M.2 SSD boot device

Try simplifying your configuration by keeping only your mouse and keyboard attached, that means:

Disconnecting multiple display monitors.

Remove discrete video cards, use the on-board graphics if your motherboard supports it.

Swap out memory modules - a RAM module might be corrupt - you can also ensure RAM sticks are installed slots 1 and 3. Your RAM modules might be corrupt, try scanning them for errors.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-the-memory...

If you have more than one hard disk installed, disconnect all except the target disk where Windows 10 will be installed.

Reset your BIOS Defaults.
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Also:

Try resetting your BIOS defaults:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

If that does not work and you have a desktop computer...

Power down

Unplug it

Open the system unit

Remove the CMOS CR-2032 chip

Plug it in, start the machine, wait 10 seconds

Power down, unplug it, reinstall the CMOS CR-2032 chip

Plug it in again, power up

Disconnect all external devices, since connected devices can sometimes confuse setup.

If setup is successful after performing these tasks, you can reinstall each removed component.

I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.

Step 1: download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Choose the following:

- Windows Final

- Windows 10, version 1703

- Windows 10 Pro + Home

- English

- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

There are some compatibility issues with Windows 10 version 1709 and certain hardware or software. There is no explanation why a lot of these problems are happening in Windows 10 1709, but the release is significantly flawed. Software and Hardware that once
    worked in previous versions, just suddenly stops working in Windows 10 1709 after an upgrade and sometimes loses functionality or stability.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

m.2 ssd

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

m.2 ssd

1. m.2 ssd - Similar Threads - ssd

2. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  3. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  4. Windows ssd to Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  5. Windows ssd to Mac

Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  6. Cannot format SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  7. Cannot format SSD

Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  8. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  9. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  10. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...