Windows 10: [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?

Discus and support [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, After updating my Windows 10 to .351 I can no longer use the [Windows] (CMD key on Mac) key / search icon / search box on the taskbar. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by M4v3r1ck, Oct 29, 2016.

1. M4v3r1ck Win User

[Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?

Hi guys,

After updating my Windows 10 to .351 I can no longer use the [Windows] (CMD key on Mac) key / search icon / search box on the taskbar. Any suggestions how to tweak this issue? TIA

Cheers

:)

M4v3r1ck, Oct 29, 2016

2. windows 10

The search box is normally on the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Cortana

Click Show Cortana icon

or press Windows key + S

or open Start and you should see the search box

Andre Da Costa, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Cortana search box and quick launch toolbar missing - SOLVED!!!

I am also facing the same issue. I usually put my taskbar at the top rather than bottom similar to Mac or Linux UI. Cortana search bar is available while the taskbar is put at the bottom, bu if the taskbar is moved to top, it changes to icon. Is there
    any solution to show the search box while the taskbar is at top?

JyothisV James, Oct 29, 2016
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

I reverted back to .321 and auto-updated again to .351. Seems to be playing well ATM!

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

1. [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351? - Similar Threads - Mac CMD key

2. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  3. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  4. Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac: Is there a way to get an excel created in windows to work on a mac if it include macros and a dropdown search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-and-excel-with-dropdown-search-box-to/f8a51227-58ad-4adc-ae77-9ac0ab68dfb7
  5. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  6. Taskbar Search Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search Box Not Working: I've been using Windows 10 on this laptop for a few years. Yesterday things seemed to have a bit of a meltdown, and I did a restart which took a LONG time. Now for my main Admin account the Taskbar Search box does not work. I don't even see SearchUI running for this user....
  7. Search box on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  8. Search Box in taskbar not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in taskbar not working.: Yesterday my searchbox just kept closing whenever I tried to use ut. Tried re indexing it, resetting it, restart it, running the touble shooter, almost everything , but still it didnt get fixed TOday my search box just stopped working, no response when I click it,' Need...
  9. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  10. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"