Windows 10: Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll

Discus and support Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I've recently had a machine check exception blue screen of death appear recently out of nowhere and now its become so frequent I can't even be on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gralkene, Mar 19, 2018.

1. gralkene Win User

Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll

Hi I've recently had a machine check exception blue screen of death appear recently out of nowhere and now its become so frequent I can't even be on my computer for more then 5 minutes till it crashes, I've performed a clean install already and it made no difference so I thought I would come here for more insight. thanks.

:)

gralkene, Mar 19, 2018

2. Blue screen Machine check exception caused by hal.dll

Please upload no more than five copies of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.
    No more than five files please.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type Folder Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide
    protected operating system files
    " is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file.
    To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R
    , type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 19, 2018
  3. Davidkat Win User
    Blue screen Machine check exception caused by hal.dll

I have a windows 10 laptop and it works fine,

But when i use word and i try to save a document my whole screen freezes for a sec and the blue screen comes up.

So the minidump said:

caused by driver: hal.dll

caused by address: hal.dll+364b1

It only crashes whenever i try to save. So is it my harddrive or something?

I don't know what to do.

Davidkat, Mar 19, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi gralkene,

Was the previous Windows 10 install the same version, version 10240?
    If so, please try to upgrade to newer versions. Those upgrades don't only have new features, but bugfixes and stability improvements as well.

5. gralkene Win User
    I doubt windows version has an effect on this. Before clean install I was on the latest version and had the same issue. My comp can't even stay on long enough for me to finish the update downloads. I'm leaning towards it being CPU failure. I've tested installs on different hard drives,With each of my ram sticks indivually and error still persisted. Also updated BIOS to the latest in hopes that could be the fix but it still occurs

gralkene, Mar 19, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll [​IMG]

Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll [​IMG]

7. I have also experienced troubles caused by hal.dll that has restricted me to perform several tasks. Earlier, i was unable to fix this trouble because of lack of knowledge. For complete hal.dll removal, i researched online and there i was able to get complete details about it. It was really very frustrating to have issues associated with this dynamic link library file. It leads issues to BSOD errors that is really very difficult to handle.

marledavid, Mar 21, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

HAL is not something you want to remove, unless you want to reinstall Windows entirely. Every site that says something about Windows files, or any file, being viruses, dangerous should not be visited as they are not trustworthy. Many such sites will say the exact same about every file they can find to sell their products. A little off-topic, I can't visit such sites, because my protection software, Malwarebytes, blocks access to them, it may give you an indication how trustworthy they are.

HAL, the Hardware Abstraction Layer, is shown because it is the library that makes it possible to communicate with hardware. As it is a Windows file, it isn't the root cause of the problem. It is the only file present in the stack that isn't the kernel of Windows hence why it's shown as the cause.

Please provide the system specifications I asked for.

9. gralkene Win User
    i've looked for the page to change system specs and i couldn't find it. i went out and bought a new motherboard and CPU and i'm fairly certain it fixed the machine check exception because i went from a crash within 5 minutes of every boot up to zero errors so far.

gralkene, Mar 22, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. Machine Check Exception BSOD caused by hal.dll - Similar Threads - Machine Check Exception

2. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD: I am experiencing system freeze ups that result in the BSOD with the age old "Your computer has ran into a problem. Gathering information and We'll restart it for you 0% gathered. - For more information research Machine_Check_Exception" I have let the computer hang on that...
  3. Intermiddent BSoD caused by Intelppm.sys. Error: Machine Check Exception: bug check 9c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermiddent BSoD caused by Intelppm.sys. Error: Machine Check Exception: bug check 9c: Greetings, I apologize for the wall of text, but if anyone can take the time to read I will greatly appreciate it. I'm having some very random BSoDs while playing one game, but never during any other games, or any other activity on the pc. Game in question is Honkai Impact...
  4. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  5. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  6. Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly

Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly: Hi, I have been getting Machine_Check_Exception BSOD's regularly, and I don't know why. Things I Have Tried: Reinstall Windows 3 Times Reinstall Drivers Re-seat All Components in PC Factory Reset BIOS Update BIOS Memtest HDDScan Upgrades I Have Done But The BSOD's...
  7. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  8. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  9. BSOD: Machine Check Exception (caused by hal.dll)

BSOD: Machine Check Exception (caused by hal.dll): Hello, everyone. This is my first post on this site. Someone recommended me to come here to see if I could find a solution to my problem. I have been getting the BSOD crash for 8 days now, and it seems the problem goes beyond my knowledge. It all started 7-8 days ago, after...
  10. BSOD Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception: I am getting a BSOD issue generally when playing games on my pc. The error code is usually Machine_Check_Exception and it comes up somewhat randomly after playing for a bit. Sometimes I can play for an hour with no issues sometimes it will come up after on few minutes of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp elitebook bsod hal.dll