Windows 10: Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

Discus and support Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the screen saver completely disabled,set "machine inactivity limit" to 120 secs from group policy editor and screen timeout from my power plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZedIsDead, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ZedIsDead Win User

Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

I have the screen saver completely disabled,set "machine inactivity limit" to 120 secs from group policy editor and screen timeout from my power plan is set to 15 mins.What i want is for the pc to lock after 2 mins display the lock screen until the screen timeout is reached then turn the screen off completely.What happens instead is ,pc locks as planned shows lock screen but when the screen time out is reached it just shows the loading animation(white loading thing on an accent color background) then just goes back to the lock screen waits another 15 mins and the same.*Sad

i dont have tried exiting all apps,dont have any usb devices to cause this(just my keyboard and mouse are plugged in)

:)

ZedIsDead, Apr 1, 2016
  2. gmopro Win User

Screensaver not working

Ok, so i checked and my machine is up to date for the Windows updates. I tested my machine to see if it is paying attention to the power settings. The screen saver worked and kicked on in 3minutes , but the machine screen didnt turn off in 10 minutes like
    it should. Maybe with screen saver going, it isnt treated as inactivity? Let me try killing the screen saver and setting it to turn off screen after 5 min and see if that works...

Ok so i set it to turn off pc at 5 minutes. pc was inactive for 5 minutes and nothing happened. It went from 1035 to 1041 and did not turn off the screen. Doesnt work.. So this is
    not resolved for me and Windows is up to date. This is not fixed.

gmopro, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Screen turns off within a minute of inactivity on Windows 10

I have my screen settings and also my sleep settings set to turn off NEVER. Within a minute of inactivity my screen turns off then goes to the sign in screen. It is really annoying, especially when I'm reading something and have to constantly keep logging
    in. Is there a way to fix this?

wanderlust914, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

1. Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off - Similar Threads - Machine inactivity limit

2. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning off: My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-not-turning-off/d4dde6c0-82c1-4eda-9bf3-451d2b9021be
  3. photo keeps turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo keeps turning off.: Photos keeps turning off and I can't import photos from camera memory card. Newest photos show up on memory card but can't seem to import them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-keeps-turning-off/0c5871f3-198b-427c-97ac-60987fa65a97
  4. Bluetooth keeps turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keeps turning off.: How can I turn Bluetooth on? It will randomly shut off, then my bluetooth mouse just stops working. I have tried the following fixes. 1. Restart the computer - works most often but is a complete time-wasting pain. 2. Go to Device Manager. Checked the driver, and it's the...
  5. Keep lock screen on (don't turn off display)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep lock screen on (don't turn off display): This is an odd request, but my mom would like this and I can't figure out how. :P Is there a way to prevent the screen from turning off when the computer is locked? She likes her lock screen images but the screen turns off after 30 seconds or so when locked. (I tried...
  6. Wifi Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Keeps Turning Off: Guys, all of a sudden for the past week, my wifi keeps turning off everytime I connect to a wireless network. I've tried numerous things to fix such as disabling the power off option for the adapter and doing a system restore to last month when I remember it working. I even...
  7. After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity: I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the display after a Windows 10 pc is turned on from a shut down state without any user logging in. I have disabled the lock screen via GPO. I also see that the Console Lock Screen Timeout work for me either. 51011
  8. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Turn On or Off Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows 10: I can't get this setting to stay on. When I enable it, I get the notification saying that periodic scanning is enabled. If I run WD, the interface tells me that it's enabled. But within minutes, the WD service is shut down, and the limited periodic scanning setting becomes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turning machine

2. win10 machine inactivity limit