Windows 10: Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

Discus and support Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the screen saver completely disabled,set "machine inactivity limit" to 120 secs from group policy editor and screen timeout from my power plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZedIsDead, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ZedIsDead Win User

Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

I have the screen saver completely disabled,set "machine inactivity limit" to 120 secs from group policy editor and screen timeout from my power plan is set to 15 mins.What i want is for the pc to lock after 2 mins display the lock screen until the screen timeout is reached then turn the screen off completely.What happens instead is ,pc locks as planned shows lock screen but when the screen time out is reached it just shows the loading animation(white loading thing on an accent color background) then just goes back to the lock screen waits another 15 mins and the same.*Sad

i dont have tried exiting all apps,dont have any usb devices to cause this(just my keyboard and mouse are plugged in)

:)

ZedIsDead, Apr 1, 2016
  2. gmopro Win User

Screensaver not working

Ok, so i checked and my machine is up to date for the Windows updates. I tested my machine to see if it is paying attention to the power settings. The screen saver worked and kicked on in 3minutes , but the machine screen didnt turn off in 10 minutes like
    it should. Maybe with screen saver going, it isnt treated as inactivity? Let me try killing the screen saver and setting it to turn off screen after 5 min and see if that works...

Ok so i set it to turn off pc at 5 minutes. pc was inactive for 5 minutes and nothing happened. It went from 1035 to 1041 and did not turn off the screen. Doesnt work.. So this is
    not resolved for me and Windows is up to date. This is not fixed.

gmopro, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Screen turns off within a minute of inactivity on Windows 10

I have my screen settings and also my sleep settings set to turn off NEVER. Within a minute of inactivity my screen turns off then goes to the sign in screen. It is really annoying, especially when I'm reading something and have to constantly keep logging
    in. Is there a way to fix this?

wanderlust914, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off

1. Machine inactivity limit keeps windows from turning the screen off - Similar Threads - Machine inactivity limit

2. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  3. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  4. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  5. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  6. turn off lock screen from inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off lock screen from inactivity: I have changed system unattended sleep timeout to 90 minutes and console lock display timeout to 90 min but sometimes by screen will timeout and go to lockscreen within say 5 min. I am using openshell to get rid of windows new interface....
  7. Turn off screen but keep sound on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off screen but keep sound on: My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on...
  8. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....
  9. Family Device Limits keep turn off in the web console

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Device Limits keep turn off in the web console: Has anyone had this before, the limits are getting to the PC & Xbox correctly when set, however in the web console the Device Limits keep turning themselves off. It happens if you set the same limits for both devices, or seperately for the Xbox & PC. Time between setting and...
  10. Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a built-in feature to let you scroll inactive windows by just hovering over them with the pointer without your currently active...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turning machine

2. win10 machine inactivity limit