Windows 10: Machine not responding, now BSOD.

Discus and support Machine not responding, now BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the Christmas peroid, I installed a new graphics card and a SSD. I also put on Windows 10, clean install, not an upgrade. Since then however, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DEL 707, Jan 16, 2016.

1. DEL 707 Win User

Machine not responding, now BSOD.

Over the Christmas peroid, I installed a new graphics card and a SSD. I also put on Windows 10, clean install, not an upgrade.
    Since then however, my machine has been flakey, sometimes when I'm using it, it will just stop responding, if I have music playing, it will keep going, and I can also move the mouse, but I can't click on anything, alt-tab, CTRL-ALT-DEL don't work at all. I can't seem to make the fault happen on demand, but it generally happens when I'm on the desktop, just browsing the net, it has happened a few times in game, but they are in the minority.

However today I got my 1st BSOD, my machine was on, but wasn't doing anything, I was afk watching a film, when I came back I got a "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys)" BSOD.

My hardware is a few years old and my CPU is overclocked, it's a 2.8ghz, running at 4.0ghz, but all my problems have started since I installed the new hardware and also put on Windows 10. Before that my system was rock solid.

:)

DEL 707, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Nelson01 Win User

Memory_Management Stop Code on Win 10 Pro 64

I am sorry. That folder is now empty. I will respond after the next incidence of the BSOD. Evidently I did a cold reboot since the last occurrence.

Nelson01, Jan 16, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Machine repeatedly not responding to mouse or keyboard. Repeated efforts to access Task Master finally results in "Preparing security options". :-(

There's a bug many have lately that disables mice and keyboards - Microsoft
    support
    has an article. Might it be your issue too ?

'Mike P, Jan 16, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Did you connect the SSD to your Marvell Satacontroller.
    There are many problems with SSD and these controllers.(Google it)
    Also there are no windows 10 drivers and your drivers are from 2012
    Advice: if you have the possibility to connect the SSD to a other Satacontroller (intel etc.) do it.(check your mobo manual).

Also your Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller has a driver from 2013. If possible update to a windows 10 driver or try the latest driver avaliable.

lifetec, Jan 17, 2016
  5. DEL 707 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, I've moved both my hard drive over from the Marvell connectors to the intel. I'll see how it goes now, shame it's so unpredictable, had 2 days with not a problem. I starting using the Marvell because the manual says they run at 6gb/s where as the intel run at 3gb/s. I know my machine is old, but is it worth looking into a SATA 3 controller card?

DEL 707, Jan 19, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    All i know is that marvell 6 gb speed is hypothetical and in the real world the speed is not so much higher (around 380mb)than the Intel Sata II.(around 300mb)
    For some background info see this article Is A SATA 3Gb/s Platform Still Worth Upgrading With An SSD? Is A SATA 3Gb/s Platform Still Worth Upgrading With An SSD? - Are SSDs Still The Most Noticeable PC Upgrade?

Most affordable PCIe controler cards are often using marvell controllers and use pci or pcie x1 or x2 slots that limits the speed.
    For faster speeds you need expensive PCIe x4 or PCI x8 controller cards.

For more background info read this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...ontroller-card.

lifetec, Jan 20, 2016
  7. DEL 707 Win User
    Again thanks for the help.

Guess I'll put it off till the next round of upgrades.

DEL 707, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Machine not responding, now BSOD. - Similar Threads - Machine responding BSOD

2. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted: Hello All,Anyone who can help me understand this error better.Thank you.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  3. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  4. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  5. BSODS on another machine of mine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS on another machine of mine: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AndtxM-03tBygkhJZrjiNeuaDAAP?e=AECnNL dumps file are here Hi guys having a few BSODs on the machine of mine could you please take a look please and let me know of the possible causes....
  6. BSOD on custom machine

BSOD on custom machine: WhoCrashed usually comes up with ntoskrnl, irql not less or equal, or dpc watchdog. Im completely frustrated and the fact I am a computer science student makes it all the worse. 158233
  7. Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.

Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.: Windows version: Windows 10 Build 19041.173 A few weeks ago it seemed like every time I left my computer for a while (like overnight) I would come back to it restarted. I searched and found some help and it turned out to be a driver that was causing the issue. Things were...
  8. Laptop stops responding to one machine only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop stops responding to one machine only: A very strange thing has just happened. Laptop A had been viewing Laptop B with no problem but then suddenly Laptop A could no longer see Laptop B at all. No ping response, no file view. However Laptop C and Linux A could both ping Laptop B. But, when I pinged Laptop A...
  9. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

Why does my machine say "not responding"?: When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates. Either way it is annoying....
  10. Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.: Since upgrading to the latest version every morning I have to reboot my system at least once sometime two or three time due to not responding Apps, menu prompts. The funny thing is that once done that it keeps working fine the all day long, doesn't matter how many time I...