Windows 10: Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Discus and support Machine_Check_Exception BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmmonJ, Feb 20, 2016.

1. AmmonJ Win User

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics card and sound card drivers are all up to date (according to their updater software packages). Today, I had to boot twice in order to pass a plain black screen (no error messages at all).

The crashing only seems to happen during game play of Fallout 4, but then, that's also about the only activity recently that pushes this machine at all.

Thanks in advance for any time spent and help offered with this.

<Edited>Removed attachments as issue is now marked Resolved. </Edited>

:)

AmmonJ, Feb 20, 2016
  2. J.DD Win User

Machine_check_exception BSOD

Download then run the
    AVG
    and
    Kaspersky
    removal tool if both were installed. And if both have been uninstalled.

If you havent yet

3. Machine_check_exception BSOD

Driver verifier came back with errors from kl1.sys. A Kaspersky related driver.

I always assumed it was hardware related. How do I go about repairing that troublesome driver? A clean uninstall/reinstall of Kaspersky?

IgNorrinRadd, Feb 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Your system specs says:
    Code: Memory 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz[/quote] On the contrary, your data says: (each of the two)
    Code: Size 8192MB Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 1 Speed 2133MHz Part Number CM3X8GA2133C11Y4[/quote] 2133MHz is OC, as your motherboard manufacturer says:
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION is a hardware issue, and OCing is one of the most frequent reason behind it.

Set all the hardware components like RAM, CPU and graphics card free from OC. See how it goes. Let us know.

5. AmmonJ Win User
    Thanks. I was aware that the CPU was professionally overclocked, but had no idea that the memory had been too. However, it turns out this is not the issue - or at least, I found something a lot more likely. The CPU cooler seems to have failed (it is a water-cooled system) as the CPU is running very hot under any strain at all. Temperatures for disks, memory, etc are all fine, around 30 degrees, but the CPU is going from its safe 30-40 degrees C to above 80 degrees C within minutes under stress.

I have a new cooler being delivered tomorrow, and won't be buying any Corsair products again (third thing of theirs to have a ridiculous failure in a short lifespan in the past 2 years). If there are still issues after that, I'll revisit the overclocking setup and report back.

AmmonJ, Feb 21, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I used to think that Corsair makes the best components .... those always worked very stable for me.

OC puts a high load on the hardware, so overheating and accelerated decay is most possible there. All the overclockers are aware of it, and do it bearing that risk.

7. AmmonJ Win User
    I think it depends on the product, with Corsair. Their memory certainly has a great reputation, and I've had no issues with it. The PSU is also Corsair, and again, no issues. However, I bought a gaming mouse by Corsair and it was a terrible purchase decision, dead in 5 months of general regular use where products literally a tenth the price last longer. And for that liquid-cooled CPU cooler to die so fast (2 years) really made a fool of me for spending so much extra for the promise of quieter running and better heat control. It was never any quieter than a decent fan and heatsink option of half the price, and while it handled the heat well while it worked, it had far too brief a lifespan considering the I5 it was on is barely overclocked (safest levels).

I'm still not certain about the memory. I certainly hadn't ordered it overclocked, and it generates almost no heat at all, running cooler than any other component such as the SSD and HDD, so I think there may have simply been a glitch claiming the higher speed. No other diagnostic software reports anything but standard, cool-running although I know the memory is specifically built for OC enthusiasts by Corsair. I simply chose it for the high grade components and higher overhead allowances.

AmmonJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD - Similar Threads - Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

2. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  3. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  4. [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hi,I'm using windows 11 pro x64, and today i got bsod after a complete freezei can't find minidump, i waited 1 hour for microsoft to save data, but didn't loaded above 0% on bsod screen with stop code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I was using microsoft edge with 14 tabs, steam,...
  5. [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception

[WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hi,I'm using windows 11 pro x64, and today i got bsod after a complete freezei can't find minidump, i waited 1 hour for microsoft to save data, but didn't loaded above 0% on bsod screen with stop code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I was using microsoft edge with 14 tabs, steam,...
  6. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe: I set up my PC in the middle of last year and after a few months I started to see some blue screens all the same, always when playing a game. My specs:CPU: I5-9400F GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce Oc Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 RAM : HyperX Fury 2666Mhz 2x 8GB PSU :...
  7. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe: I set up my PC in the middle of last year and after a few months I started to see some blue screens all the same, always when playing a game. My specs:CPU: I5-9400F GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce Oc Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 RAM : HyperX Fury 2666Mhz 2x 8GB PSU :...
  8. BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I switched my GPU from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2060 Super this summer, since then I have started to experience complete computer crashes every ~2 weeks or so. It happens at any random moment, while watching Youtube vids, gaming or other tasks. My monitors completely freeze...
  9. BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I switched my GPU from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2060 Super this summer, since then I have started to experience complete computer crashes every ~2 weeks or so. It happens at any random moment, while watching Youtube vids, gaming or other tasks. My monitors completely freeze...
  10. BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting: Hi everyone! My HP laptop is barely 2 months old and was working fine until a few days ago. My first BSOD happened on Thursday Oct 1 while video chatting and I have received about 6 more since then. It usually happens when I am either streaming content or video chatting. The...