Windows 10: machines with pirate licenses

Discus and support machines with pirate licenses in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi what is nor explicit for me is : machines with windows 7 and 8,1 with non legal licenses, doing the upgrade, will stay legal ? 17447 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Aug 18, 2015.

1. machines with pirate licenses

hi

what is nor explicit for me is :

machines with windows 7 and 8,1 with non legal licenses, doing the upgrade, will stay legal ?

:)

fjabrantes, Aug 18, 2015

2. activation

You are running a KMS license that are used to activate multiple machines in an organisation.

Is your system a part of a domain?

If not, the manufacturer has sold you a PC with pirated Windows.

Microsoft as soon as detected this, flagged your system notifying you that your license would be expiring soon. Thus, you need to get a new license for windows.

Reporting the seller to Microsoft *might* get you a key.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Microsoft Office 2010 on Windows 10

Well I have never heard of an Office 2010 license that is really tied to how many times you activate it. Yes there is a counter to try to prevent pirating, but the actual licensing is about how many machines you are using it on. For instance my license
    is for 3 machines. I have rebuilt and replaced many machines over the years. If Office 2010 doesn't activate automatically, a call to Microsoft fixes it by telling them the old machine is dead (or I replaced the motherboard, ...) and they activate it for
    me.

Now I have heard of and OEM copy, which is one that the manufacture puts on your machine. That might be tied to only that device. And in this case I wouldn't know if changing the operating system is considered changing the device. But again if that is
    true it isn't based on how many times you activate, but on if the license it tied to a certain device/operating system.

A_User_Here, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

machines with pirate licenses

No, they will not be legal

5. Bazz Win User
    Removed due to article 4

6. WhyMe Win User
    Maybe you should add "Your Honour" to that incriminating statement.... *Biggrin

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Bazz Win User
    Well now that I think about it it's a waste of time as my hard ware is already activated.

8. Dude Win User

9. its not a question of piraçy, i was talking in general,because its a dout every body have,since they say its free during a year.
    People who are not legal have the right to know if they stays legal or not

fjabrantes, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
Thema:

1. machines with pirate licenses - Similar Threads - machines pirate licenses

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. license expiration on this machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license expiration on this machine: I owned the machine for several years now and now it says I need to activate it. It is activated before and I dont want to buy a new product key on this. I have Windows 11 and I dont think it is necessary to get a new license. Someone tell me what is going on....
  5. license expiration on this machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license expiration on this machine: I owned the machine for several years now and now it says I need to activate it. It is activated before and I dont want to buy a new product key on this. I have Windows 11 and I dont think it is necessary to get a new license. Someone tell me what is going on....
  6. license expiration on this machine

7. OEM licensing for virtual machine

OEM licensing for virtual machine: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I would like to replace Windows with Ubuntu Linux, then run Windows 11 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, using that license. Is this possible? What must I do to ensure that I can do this? Will I...
  8. license for virtual machine

license for virtual machine: I have a laptop with windows 10 pro installed/licensedI want to test some setups with docker, but do not want to break my private install/setup as I also use vmware and this is not compatible with dockerI downloaded the windows evaluation version virtual machine for vmware...
  9. License For A Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License For A Virtual Machine: I need to purchase a key not a digital license for windows 10 for using in a virtual machine, naturally i used the windows 7 key i had on the host i originally upgraded to windows 10, this will not activate, and im sure they dont allow this, i dont mind doing this the legal...
  10. transfering windows 10 license to pirated copy

transfering windows 10 license to pirated copy: our company recently bought secondhand laptop to replace an older one. but it looks like its in pirated version of windows, so i was asked to transfer the our legal license from soon to be retired laptop to our new but pirated one. i have my doubt since the device we;re...