Windows 10: Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

Discus and support Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to restore my first Windows 10 image. For some reason I have not been able to get into the Macrium forum. Maybe somebody has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

I have been trying to restore my first Windows 10 image.

For some reason I have not been able to get into the Macrium forum.

Maybe somebody has some thought to get me over a stuck place?

Here the path to my stall.

Hopefully it will make sense to those with experience?

-------
    Windows Key
    Macrium Reflect

Click on the Backup Disk pane.
    Drive specs appear in the left pane,

Click "Restore" in the header,
    Follow the drop down list.
    Go to the Windows File Tree.
    Select the Drive with the backup image.
    Open,

In the Macrium Backup Drive pane, second from top on right, I press "Restore Image"

A new popup appears:
    "Select a location to restore to

i select the same drive where the image is located.

Next,
    Macrium presents "Restore Summary"
    It includes details for the partitions fields, six as I am recalling right now.
    Here there are no clickable fields.
    And the "Next" button is dead to a click

Stuck here.
    ========
    Is it stuck because the image contains the core Windows partitions?

I really only want the files. (The source computer died) but I could not sort out how to limit the restore to that partition.

Have I missed something or done something wrong?

BTW I did find the man page, but could not readily find an answer to the above. If someone could point to a solution in it that will help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

mikeincousa, Jul 15, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 15, 2018
  3. msny Win User
    Testing Macrim Reflect

I'm an IT developer and not a systems guy, but I think I
    can work with this.

I'm going to work through installing the VirtualBox from Oracle.
    I found a descent install video from here. This guy basically
    goes into great detail and it looks good even though hes using
    windows 7.

Now my only question so far is, in the video it prompts to install an operating system
    on one step.

If I'm only using this as backup, to test my Macrim Image what do I do on this step?
    Macrim Free Backup /  Restore Stall [​IMG]

4. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

1. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall - Similar Threads - Macrim Free Backup

2. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  3. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Why can't I run a system image backup on my new Windows 11 HP laptop. only 60 gb used on 476gb ssd? My external Hard drive has 841gb free, yet the back up stops saying there isn't enough room to create backup because of VSS doesn't have enough space? how much space does it...
  4. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Windows backup failed. I am attaching screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/7edd6d5a-3d6b-4840-a0af-eb95d5170697
  5. backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  6. Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?: I have a MyCloud device which hasn’t worked seamlessly since the day that I purchased it a few years ago. So I bought a Seagate EHD and have been using their Toolkit until their hardware EHD failed. I tried using Toolkit with my WD devices and found that it’s only good with...
  7. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall: I have been trying to restore my first Windows 10 image. For some reason I have not been able to get into the Macrium forum. Maybe somebody has some thought to get me over a stuck place? Here the path to my stall. Hopefully it will make sense to those with experience?...
  8. Macrium Free EXT4 file system backup AND RESTORE --OK

Macrium Free EXT4 file system backup AND RESTORE --OK: Hi there Those using things like NAS boxes / other servers with LINUX type OS's Macrium Reflect (current version - Free one I'm using) DOES backup Linux system Image (you don't need to CLONE) if file system is EXT4 - including Boot partition etc. It restores fine as...
  9. Testing Macrim Reflect

Testing Macrim Reflect: Many experts here have recommended using Macrim as a preferred backup program. So now that I've had it for a while and my win 10 is stable, how does one "test" the backup image without doing it for real? Appreciate any advice and tips. 52463
  10. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393