Windows 10: Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

Discus and support Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I finally uninstalled Macrium v6 free and downloaded v7.1 free. Bit of drama installing it as it kept quitting until i unchecked 'log' whilst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

I finally uninstalled Macrium v6 free and downloaded v7.1 free. Bit of drama installing it as it kept quitting until i unchecked 'log' whilst installing.

Question is the program icon in the macrium folder plus the desktop shortcut have blue and yellow shied icon overlay which won't go away. What does this mean? I cannot remember it it was there for Macrium 6 or not. I've not specifically set it to run as admin or in any compatibility mode so it seems odd. Maybe it's normal though?

It's more for the shortcut really on the desktop I don't want to see it. But it seems odd Macrium's exe displays in this way

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  2. Farzad_K Win User

A Software Runs Like Madonna

Thanks, but the App was not downloaded from App Store. It is an independent software.

The issue is the security of the application, I presume, because there is a shield on its shortcut icon. Any program that has that shield on will be asking if it should be executed. And I have looked at the security settings and am not yet able to clear
    the shield from it.

Farzad

Farzad_K, Jan 6, 2018
  3. How do I shrink the size of the blue arrow or blue/yellow checkered shield over the top of my desktop shortcut icons?

On my desktop shortcuts, the blue arrows on white squares are taking up almost the entire lower left quadrant of my icon. Also, some shortcuts have a blue and yellow checkered shield in the lower right quadrant. Combined, about half the icon is obscured.
    Is there any way to shrink the size of arrows and shields that overlay these icons, or conversely, increase the relative size of the icons so that the arrow or shield obscures less of them?

MrBrassman, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

So it’s normal for the icon? I just don’t remember seeing it on macrium v6 exe but I could be wrong

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Yes it is normal for some programs. It can be removed, but for me it is not worth the trouble. I have other icons that have it as well.

tracit99, Jan 6, 2018
  6. tracit99 Win User
    Upon further investigation, I don't have that shield on my Macrium 7 Desktop Icon or on Reflect.exe in the Macrium folder. Exactly where are you seeing it? It will not hurt anything. I am just curious why you see it and I don't. Also what version are you running? I am two or three updates behind the latest. I am at 7.1.2196.

tracit99, Jan 6, 2018
  7. tracit99 Win User
    That could be the reason you see it and I don't. But again the Administrative Shield is nothing to be concerned about other than appearance.

tracit99, Jan 6, 2018
  8. Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

I installed it on our other pc. The desktop shortcut had that shield again so I guess it’s the norm. But I looked in the folder. Pc 1 has shield on both reflect.exe and reflectbin.exe whilst pc 2 has shield overlay only on reflectbin.exe but not reflect.exe

strange but as you say purely cosmetic, was just curious about it

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  9. The shield is on mine also along with a bunch of off applications.

storageman, Jan 6, 2018
  10. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

1. Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut - Similar Threads - Macrium free shield

2. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  3. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  4. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shield icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shield icons: I have new shield icons superimposed on my shortcut icons. Clicking on shortcut icon gives me a box asking to allow Google to make changes to hard drive. Answering no sends me back to desktop display. Answering yes opens web site of that icon and everything works normally...
  6. Program shortcut icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut icons disappear: I have some folders on my desktop which contain shortcuts to often used programs. Some of these icons sometimes get lost (quite reliably after I reinstall Windows from scratch and newly create the folder that holds the shortcuts and the shortcuts themselves) and only a white...
  7. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  8. Macrium reflect free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Free

Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310