Windows 10: Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups

Discus and support Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there Is there any place to add a short description of the backup when you are making backups -- e,g Backup build 1511 before updates KB xxxxxx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Aug 9, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups

Hi there

Is there any place to add a short description of the backup when you are making backups -- e,g Backup build 1511 before updates KB xxxxxx for example. It's tedious to generate different folder names and adding a text file with notepad is do-able but it's a hassle too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Macrium Scheduled Backups Broken with Anniversary Update

Macrium is now up to Version 7, it could be that V5 does not support Windows 10's later releases.

Read:
    http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Windows+10+Aniversary+Update+issues

Macrium Reflect:

Free version: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

(No technical support available for the free version)

Macrium Reflect Home Edition ($69.95)

Macrium Software | Home Edition

Support: Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

Version 7 supports XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10 

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Advanced Options...

Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups [​IMG]

(Just updated to handle scheduling issues with AU).

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

amazing how one misses things like that. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - adding a comment hardly sounds like an advanced setting - LOL.

cereberus, Aug 9, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Commenting is advanced... how much meaningful commenting is done by programmers? *chuckle

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

But I'm a USER !!!!!! or do they deliberately try and make these thing so "Userproof" that instead of preventing users breaking things they just prevent the software from being used at All -- if nobody can use the software then of course you can't report any defects so your bosses should be really pleased !!!!.

I've just been experiencing some Hideous experience in UK of attempting to use some of the Railway network --apparently the managers answer to late and cancelled trains was to curtail the timetable so much that if you remove about 65% of the service you would have less late and cancelled trains and therefor "Service must have improved significantly" !!!!!!.

Well I suppose there's some logic in that -- and another one I saw at Kings X station on a sunday when usually the whole system is 90% inoperative because of "Engineering works" --Notice saying (and I kid you not) "Due to improvements Your Journey will be considerably delayed".

Have they changed the meaning of Standard English since I learned it in School I wonder !!!!!!!

Pity I can't do the same with the Bank -- take out all my money but still be credited with the original amount so the Bank maintains its capital deposits !!!

However Macrium is an extremely good reliable product - for those that don't have any backup or do any backups it's a no brainer to download and use it --really good performance too on modern computers.

Issues with using it on build 1607 of Windows (anniversary edition) seem to be fixed -- Do though apply the windows 1607 cumulative update if it's not already included in the download of your Windows 1607 build.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    We're not happy about the very complex fare structure in the UK- and now the strikes - Eurostar and the SW. So many different companies (thanks to M Thatcher's privatisation) and strange features such as if you buy a tickets for two sections of a long journey it can be cheaper than buying a ticket for the whole journey. And the fare prices at busy times can be so high it's ridiculous. Then there's the overcrowding on some routes- Many London commuters hardly ever get a seat.

But my last journey was 'free' again- Tesco vouchers, doubled up at a site called 'Red spotted hanky'. And both were on time.

Macrium is updated to fix the scheduling issue, Windows is up to date, thanks.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  10. DavidE Win User
    In Win10 the Backup Method and Backup Comment columns can't be displayed in Windows File Explorer.
    This data can be displayed in W8.x and W7.
    Seems like a lost feature in W10 *Sad

IMHO, it would also be nice if the Backup Comment could be changed/edited for differentials.
    I haven't found a way to update the Backup Comment for Macrium Free differentials.

Here's a snip of what i can see in W8.1 (or W7) file explorer:

Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups [​IMG]

DavidE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium - any place to add descriptions of backups - Similar Threads - Macrium place add

2. Modified Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  3. Macrium backup question

Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  4. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  5. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  6. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  7. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  8. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...