Windows 10: Macrium Clone Problem

Discus and support Macrium Clone Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello friends at TenForums, After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pav1, Feb 11, 2017.

1. pav1 Win User

Macrium Clone Problem

Hello friends at TenForums,
    After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually select the drive after bios starts. Attached is a photo of disk manager showing the disk in question with 3 partitions. I tried different utilities including Windows recovery startup repair and they give me different info, (drive letters, active partition, etc.). I thought it was just the BCD, but it appears to be more than that. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

2. stevePJ Win User

Win10 chkdsk: "Deleting extended attribute set . . ."

I am also having the same chkdsk problem.

I think I have narrowed the problem down to Macrium backup s/ware I use for cloneing. Is any one else useing this ?

The cloneing options in Macrium do mention reparse points with a yes/no option.

I am still to experiment with these options. I will let you know if they clear the fault.

Never had this problem with Acronis and cloneing. And I have been cloneing boot drives for years.

Macriun beats Acronis hands down for ease of usability. I hope we can sort this.

stevePJ, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 SSD data migaration

The software was the problem, Samsung Data Migration didn't work.

Now I did the clone with Macrium reflect (that supports win10) and it worked!

FredericEn, Feb 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Macrium Clone Problem

Have you tried the F key in BIOS setup that restores defaults - or possibly optimized defaults? It will probably be on the last "Save & Exit" screen and should be something like F9 or F10. Also try removing either the power or the SATA cable from the second drive and booting with it disconnected to see what happens.

NavyLCDR, Feb 11, 2017
  5. pav1 Win User
    Thank you for the response. I disconnected and reconnected the other drive and now Windows is booting normally. Would be interesting to know why the clone affected bios and the source drive. Thanks again.

pav1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Clone Problem

1. Macrium Clone Problem - Similar Threads - Macrium Clone Problem

2. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  3. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  4. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  5. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  6. Macrium Restore clone problem

Macrium Restore clone problem: I'm tryingto clone an internal HDD to an external USB HDD and I keep getting this error message. Can anyone help resolve the problem please? [img] Win 10 Pro. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 145904
  7. Macrium Cloning Question

Macrium Cloning Question: This is my HDD layout, [img] . I would like to clone to a SSD. If I choose not to include the Recovery D: partition, will that space no longer used by the D: partition show as unallocated space? Thank you for your help. Windows 10 1909 145762
  8. Macrium Clone behaviour

Macrium Clone behaviour: Running Macrium/reflect trying to clone (not image) the C: drive. The c: drive has a system reserved partition (no drive letter assigned) with a normal C: partition. When a clone is attempted, Macrium assigns a drive letter to the system reserved partition? Not sure why....
  9. Problem with cloning using macrium

Problem with cloning using macrium: I downloaded the Macrium version 6.1.1081 and created the rescue disk. I started the process of cloning to my external drive, but it stated it would overwrite the drive. I have back-ups from my old PC's on that external drive that I want to keep. Can I first clone the PC...
  10. macrium clone stuck

macrium clone stuck: tried to clone disk from Macrium reflect free, and window stuck. unable to see bottom of window. any fix? [img] 70358