Windows 10: Macrium Disk not found

Discus and support Macrium Disk not found in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Keep getting this error for Disk 4 not found. I don't have a disk 4, but, why is it searching for one? Destinations go to disk 3 D: without issue 70259 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by meebers, Nov 18, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Macrium Disk not found

Keep getting this error for Disk 4 not found. I don't have a disk 4, but, why is it searching for one? Destinations go to disk 3 D: without issue

:)

meebers, Nov 18, 2016

2. Error: Windows\system32\winload.exe

I upgraded my HP Pavilion g7 laptop to windows 10 from an original purchased windows 7. I am using Macrium Reflect to backup. I needed a new hard drive and purchased a WD. In Macrium, I used the "Image Disk" to my external hard drive. I created a Macrium
    rescue disk.

Put the rescue disk in the CD/DVD drive. Powered down, removed the battery, removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

When I powered up, the disk drive spun and came up the error code: Oxc0000225 and the disk could not be accessed. The Macrium rescue disc would not load. I tried using an original Windows 7 disc and it would load either.

I am an older, intermediate user and don't know what to do. Please help!

BillNewAlbany, Nov 18, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 18, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Macrium Disk not found

When you made the backup, did you have Macrium Reflect save [log] the backup file information and location?
    If so, try to restore the backup image by not using the provided log information.
    I always do the tree-climbing bit to find and "tell" Macrium Reflect which backup image to restore.

RolandJS, Nov 18, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    I get the error when doing an image creation as soon as the process begins. I have been using the version+date to name my backup's. Never used the default .xml definition file naming. So do you mean to uncheck this box? Tx for response.

meebers, Nov 20, 2016
  6. That should fix it. Uncheck it.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Disk not found

1. Macrium Disk not found - Similar Threads - Macrium Disk found

2. Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk: Hi, I would like to know how do I clone a hd with basic partition to a hd with dynamic partition? My Macrium Reflect is 7.2 version. Thank's 167387
  3. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  4. Macrium and Linux Disks cloning

Macrium and Linux Disks cloning: Hi folks just in case some people don't realize it but it's 100% possible to clone Linux formatted HDD's / SSD'swith Macrium (from within Windows too --you don't need o use rthe stand alone program). Ensure though when you attach the Linux drives / SSD's you ignore Windows...
  5. partitions in Macrium & Disk Management

partitions in Macrium & Disk Management: I've attached a photo showing my hard drive partitions from Macrium (after selecting "Create an image of the partitions required to backup and restore Windows") and also from Disk Management in Windows 10. 1) What is the 16MB Unformatted Primary partition in Macrium...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  7. Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?

Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?: I have two identical 1T seagate drives and I am trying to clone from one to the other. One is the system disk with drives C: and E: on it - that's the source drive - and the other is a drive I've labelled 'J:' via Diskpart - that's the target drive. Previous attempts to...
  8. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  9. Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found

Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found: what does this macrium message mean??? I thought I cloned my hdd but after the 22 minute procedure saw the below message... I assume the clone file is not complete what does it mean??? 105572
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...