Windows 10: Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail

Discus and support Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi guys, if I run a backup on an external usb 3.0 hard drive, Macrium Free create the image of the system drive, but if I scheduled (or manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tulving, Feb 13, 2018.

1. tulving Win User

Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail

Hi guys,

if I run a backup on an external usb 3.0 hard drive, Macrium Free create the image of the system drive, but if I scheduled (or manually run) the same backup on a network folder (a raid0 hard drive usb enclosure connected to the usb 3.0 port of my Asus DSL-AC68U wifi router), after some processing, it fails. The log tells that it should be a write problem, the network location not connected, but the folder is stable connected.

Here the screenshot, where you can see the initial process where location is connected, the last message where there's the error, and the folder still connected and writable:

Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail [​IMG]

Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail [​IMG]

any suggestion about this?

Thanks a lot!

:)

tulving, Feb 13, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Word Man Win User

Is the connection to NAS by WiFi? If so, can you connect source direct to router by Ethernet to make it work? I see you got the first two partitions but looks like signal dropped out doing C: drive.

Word Man, Feb 13, 2018
  5. tulving Win User
    The Nas is connected to the router by USB 3.0 port, and yes, pc is connected by WiFi.
    But the WiFi connection is very stable, if I try to copy and paste for example some GBs of movies and images to this Nas, it works without problems and with a quite constant flow.
    For this reason it seems more a Macrium issue on managing backup to Nas.

tulving, Feb 13, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    tulving, what I have discovered when using backup software: if there is any interruption "in the force" during a backup operation -- often the backup procedure is halted and the backup file is deleted; start over time. I don't know if the above applies to your situation or not; while normally a folder or file copy operation (I prefer copy over move) can survive a brief interruption within wifi or ethernet -- I'm not sure if any backup operation can survive an interruption.

RolandJS, Feb 13, 2018
  7. tulving Win User
    Yes, that is true, and I understand your right topic. But I can assure that the wifi router is very good (an Asus DSL-AC68U that is a top device), same thing for the laptop network Wifi card (an Intel dual band one), the signal and channel is always strong and stable, using the 2.4 GHz band at about 5 meters from the router, and the last cue or better evidence, is that for example Acronis was able to save the backup in the same situation (if you see screenshot, you can find an old backup made with Acronis, before changing for Macrium).
    For this reasons I think is probably some issue of Macrium, rather than a real network problem.

tulving, Feb 13, 2018
  8. RolandJS Win User

Thanks for the gracious reply Tulving! As a user of MR6 and now MR7, I'll follow this thread and learn alongside you the solution provided from others.

RolandJS, Feb 13, 2018
  9. SoFine409 Win User
    You might want to see if your wifi card is setup to allow it to save power. That could very well result in the loss of the connection.

SoFine409, Feb 14, 2018
  10. Word Man Win User
    Again, trying the backup reliability from a direct Ethernet connection could rule in or out the issue of WiFi or Macrium. Here's an example at Macrium support forum: The specified network name is no longer available - (Page 2) You should read through to last post by OP and maybe look for your aluminum foil. *Wink

Word Man, Feb 14, 2018
  11. tulving Win User
    Thanks for suggestion, since laptop is a core i7 with discrete Nvidia Geforce video card, and it's always plugged to charger not with only battery, I've set it for top performance, and on all devices I've disabled the turn off option for power saving.

tulving, Feb 14, 2018
  12. tulving Win User
    I'll do the test with direct ethernet connection, but I don't think that's the problem. Whit Acronis 2017, the backup and validation process took about 2 hours, and always was fine.
    The router is an Asus one, as in the topic a user said, excellent devices that don't have the problem of interference between usb 3.0 hard drives plugged on the back port and WiFi signal.
    I sometimes test the strenght of signals of the two band channels, just for a check not becasue I have some other issue, and the performance are always excellent .

tulving, Feb 14, 2018
  13. tulving Win User

I've tried another time to run backup on Nas, one with ethernet and the other with wifi connection, and both were saved.
    But, today, another time by wifi, I get this message on validation:

Backup aborted! - '3B32A5990672B0FD-00-00.mrimg' Verification failed at 0% (Block 502 hash value is incorrect) That's very strange.
    What should I check?

tulving, Feb 21, 2018
  14. That message says that what macrium wrote to the target and a hash value was summed and written, but when the data was read back it wasn't the same as was written. That's the good news about validation.

Recommendation from me would be when running backups, use a wired connection.

storageman, Feb 21, 2018
  15. ThrashZone, Feb 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail - Similar Threads - Macrium Free backup

2. Macrium reflect file backup free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect file backup free?: Is the macrium reflect file folder backup free? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwui/macrium_reflect_file_backup_free/
  3. Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free: I have been stuck for a long time trying to make a backup of a newly created Disk Image. Whatever changes I make to the address of the destination folder I get a popup saying the 'destination folder path is contained within the Image'. I don't know what this means or what to...
  4. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  5. Backup to NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to NAS: Hello! I want to save my Windows backup to my NAS but i am running access to it without credentials, and that dosnt work for Windows Backup. The backup feature wants credentials but i dont have any. Typing Guest/Guest dosnt work, it just says i need full permission but i...
  6. What if macrium reflect backup fail

What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  7. What if macrium reflect backup fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  8. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  9. RAID and backup - Free macrium etc

RAID and backup - Free macrium etc: Hi there If you are using RAID can you recommend any Windows programs that allow you to add RAID driver when you boot from stand alone device. The Non Free version of Macrium can do --"Technicians USB" but this is actually quite expensive. There's a couple of Linux...
  10. Macrium Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect home save to nas