Windows 10: Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware

Discus and support Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi folks Somehow I corrupted a recent backup on an intel laptop so on restore it failed with Backup file is corrupted Anyway I restored from a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware

Hi folks
    Somehow I corrupted a recent backup on an intel laptop so on restore it failed with Backup file is corrupted

Anyway I restored from a backup taken on an AMD server (AMD processor with Nvidia Mobo) to HP Intel laptop with Intel graphics etc. Free version just did the restore. Didn't try Restore to different hardware as it says "paid version required" so I just restored the image as normal.

Note the image I used was the backup image of the server itself !! not my laptop image saved on the server !!.

Booted OK while W10 went on its way and installed the correct Intel drivers and guess what system still activated with digital licence.

Finally doing a Windows update got any missing hardware stuff ok including SDHC card reader.

Had all my progs, data etc perfectly and the only thing I had to do was change the name of the computer as obviously it had copied the one from the AMD machine.

Saved no end of trouble -- Thanks Macrium !!!

Didn't realize you could do that -- another +1 for Macrium Free.

Happy Camper here.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium  Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    TechPowerUp and PowerColor Hardware Giveaway January 2011 Winners Announced

Announcing the winners of the second and final month of PowerColor and TechPowerUp GPU-Z giveaway (January 2011). We picked up three lucky winners from a pool of 20,000 entries, from all over the world. Spanning across December 2010 and January 2011, the contest gives six lucky winners some rad graphics hardware from PowerColor. Here are the winners:
    • Danny from Israel, wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6970
    • Steve from United Kingdom wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 PCS+
    • Grant from United States wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6850 PCS+
    Huge congrats, guys! PowerColor will contact the winners directly and arrange for shipping of the prizes. This concludes the giveaway. We would like to thank PowerColor for making the giveaway possible. TechPowerUp will return with more interesting contests such as this.

btarunr, Aug 2, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

TechPowerUp and PowerColor Hardware Giveaway December 2010 Winners Announced

Here are the winners of PowerColor and TechPowerUp giveaway for the month of December, 2010, month 1 of 2 of the Giveaway. For the months of December and January, three lucky participating users each month of GPU-Z got to win some groovy hardware from PowerColor. This month's winners are as follows:
    • John from United States wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6970
    • Farhan from Malaysia wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 PCS+
    • Mahen from Sri Lanka wins PowerColor Radeon HD 6850 PCS+
    A big congratulations to the winners. PowerColor will contact them directly and arrange for the shipping of the prizes. If you have already made a submission in this round (PowerColor TechPowerUp Giveaway December 2010 - January 2011), you don't need to make a submission again. Being an ongoing contest, winners are picked from an ever-growing pool of submissions.

btarunr, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware - Similar Threads - Macrium Free total

2. Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware: I have Win 7 64 bit on 8 years old AMD. I am redeploying it on i3 4 th gen Asus Motherboard H81 . Everything goes smooth. Redeployment says that it has found driver for SATA AHCI and it will load when Window will boot. But Windows not booting on i3. The Black Screen comes...
  3. Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!

Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!: Hi there Macrium Free version is also brilliant at restoring to totally different hardware. This method can be used pretty well where there's different hardware involved or creating V2P (a Virtual to Physical conversion) whatever VM system you are running. You can't get much...
  4. Macrium: deploy to different hardware

Macrium: deploy to different hardware: Has anyone here used this function? Say from AMD to INTEL hardware and graphics? Any problems? Windows 10 activation: did it activate without help or was ShowKey Plus needed to input the old key into the new system? Just curious....*Smile / 133737
  5. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  6. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  7. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310