Windows 10: Macrium Help

Discus and support Macrium Help in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Well dalchina suggested windows backup so I'm thinking doing that now instead, that's why I was asking if I should still format my flashdr I've for that. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Redbatman, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Macrium Help

Well dalchina suggested windows backup so I'm thinking doing that now instead, that's why I was asking if I should still format my flashdr I've for that.

Redbatman, Jun 14, 2017
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Windows backup IS NOT reliable ... a lot of us use Macrium Reflect. The choice is yours, I have windows backup turned off, have for a long time.

OldMike65, Jun 14, 2017
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto

Are you seriously considering using Windows Backup (legacy Windows 7 software) to back up to a 16GB flash drive?

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Macrium Help

Sorry guys, I have to take issue with the repeated comments that Windows Backup is unreliable... in my experience it is not, in fact I've ditched Macrium on my Creators installations and gone back to using Windows own offering and I am not regretting the move at all.

It may be 'legacy software' but remember it is also an integral part of the OS and so not prone to compatibility issues and bugs that require frequent patches such as Macrium.

If all you wish to do is create system images of your Windows installation then imo Windows backup is terrific. I think a lot of the bad press relates to users not fully understanding the intricacies and details of how it actually works. Used as intended and I've found it totally reliable and trouble-free.

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Er no, I didn't.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    On a USB 16GB thumb? Not arguing, honest, but that seems to be his intent. I'm still trying to figure out why.

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  7. Mooly Win User
    I wouldn't recommend a normal Flash Drive either for this duty although tbh I have never actually tried using one.

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Macrium Help

Reliability is statistical technique for failure rates over many operations, and systems. Macrium Reflect is known to very reliable across many different systems. The native Windows 10 is simply less reliable. If it works for you graeat, but that still does not make it more reliable overall.

It is a bit like comparing failure rates in a Ford and a Mercedes.

On this forum, we know that Macrium Reflect Free is very reliable hence why we recommend it. Why would we recommend a tool we believe to be less reliable.

On my own personal experience, the windows tool has let me down but Macrium Reflect never has.

cereberus, Jun 14, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Excellent reply!!!!!! *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

OldMike65, Jun 14, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    That is an excellent way of putting it. No such thing as black and white, everything is a shade of gray. Macrium just happens to much further towards the white end, and Win Backup at the darker side.

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  11. Redbatman Win User
    I meant when you said back up windows on Macrium reflect like you said go to back up in Macrium then Windows back up.

Redbatman, Jun 14, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    OK! The option Windows Backup..... Yes, that will pick all the partitions for you that you need to backup.

That 16GB USB is still an issue, IMO.........

If it estimates 16+ hours, and you do a verify, that is optimistically 25+ hours. If the flash doesn't overheat and fail.

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Macrium Help

Just for a bit of fun... and because I trust my Windows Backup, I am installing Macrium with a view to seeing how it copes saving to a 32Gb drive (I haven't a 16Gb one). Wow, almost 750Mb installation file.

However *Smile

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    That's mostly the MS ADK stuff......

Have fun! See ya Saturday sometime! *chuckle

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  15. Mooly Win User
    Lol, hey its going well. This is on a 10.5 yr old Acer laptop (AMD Turion + 2Gb RAM, all USB 2.0). Already around 40% complete. Doing other tasks such as taking screen grabs and posting here is slow going and laggy though (to be expected). It will give the VSS do-dah a good workout though.

Have to go out now but I'll leave it running and give an update later.

(Now on 54%, it is flying)

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

Macrium Help

1. Macrium Help - Similar Threads - Macrium Help

2. Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem: This is a new one for me and I am stumped. This morning when I went to my file manager to delete the oldest backup, I noticed that all were dated yesterday and had become CBM files where normal is mrimg, Not knowing what to do I reinstalled the program and it made no...
  3. Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium

Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium: I've spent countless hours trying to research this so I can understand it and I'm still having issues. If I use software such as Macrium, I can clone my C drive to an SSD so that if my C drive were to fail, I could pop in the SSD and that's it. It's basically like nothing...
  4. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  5. Macrium Dual Boot Plan Help

Macrium Dual Boot Plan Help: Have: # 250 GB Samsung SSD installed on laptop with partitions: 1.17GB system, 221.95 GB W7 Ultimate, 9.76 GB Recovery # New 1TB Western Digital Blue SSD #Macrium image of 250 GB Samsung SSD with partitions: 1.17GB system, 198.66 GB W10, 9.76 GB Recovery. This was a clean...
  6. (Help) booted macrium reflect to rebuild bcd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Help) booted macrium reflect to rebuild bcd.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jiberesh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjcbkc/help_booted_macrium_reflect_to_rebuild_bcd/
  7. Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors

Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors: Hi, All of a sudden I started getting VSS errors in Macrium Reflect. They have utilities VSSFix which I ran. I made sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, restarted it. Uninstalled Acronis and Veracrypt - not sure if related. My drive is Bitlocker encrypted but it...
  8. Please try to help, Macrium Clone error but now original drive messed

Please try to help, Macrium Clone error but now original drive messed: Hi guys, so I am totally totally confused on this one and really in a bad situation. I have a HDD that is 1TB that I was cloning to a 500gb m.2 nvme SSD using Macrium free latest as of 4/19/2020 I select and drag all partitions from the original drive down to the clean...
  9. Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?

Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632
  10. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...