Windows 10: Macrium Help

Discus and support Macrium Help in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; See, flying *Smile [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Redbatman, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Macrium Help

See, flying *Smile

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Mooly Win User

All done in 19.5 minutes. I've just created the Windows PE rescue wizard to enable a restore from with Windows.

I'll set that off...... I really do have to do other things now.

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Redbatman Win User
    Well looks like I will be nwedding to get an extrenal soon. Out of curiosity would Macrium rescue media still be good to use? Or do they also have a recovery drive that I can make through macrium?

Redbatman, Jun 14, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Macrium Help

The thumb drive you have is perfect for making the Rescue. Actually, you only need a 4GB. Just follow the instructions at the top of the Macrium screen.

Macrium Help [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Wynona Win User
    For what it's worth, almost everyone (note that I did say almost) here in TenForums uses Macrium Reflect Free because it's the most reliable backup/rescue app around, bar none. The guys advocating it know what they're talking about.

Not to discount information from anyone, but please listen to F14Tomcat, OldMike and Dalchina. They all have "Guru" in their credentials for a reason. 'Nuff said.

Advice from one who doesn't have "Guru" in her credentials . . . go get yourself at least a 1 TB external hard drive and download Macrium Reflect Free. Learn how to use it. Above all, if you need help with it, ask. I do and get help from these forums all the time.

Wynona, Jun 14, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    All done. You can see how quick the restore was and also the size of the Macrium image vs the C drive actual size. Say 24Gb reduced down to 16Gb.

Now to undo it all with Windows backup/restore.

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  7. Mooly Win User
    All back as before. Macrium certainly used a lot of real estate, note the difference in C drive size now. The Windows restore took just over twice as long but that is because the recovery file was on the drive as the partitions it was restoring.

On my Dell laptop which has an SSD, an image takes around 3 minutes to make and around 5 minutes to restore.

Anyhow, use of a Flash Drive has been proved workable although you probably need more than 16Gb for most real world installations.

Macrium Help [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 14, 2017
  8. Wynona Win User

Macrium Help

And that's the whole point, Mooly. A 16GB flash drive, at best, can possibly hold one backup, not to mention the size of one's C:\ drive. What you've done is a partial solution; only a bandaid when a large bandage is required, if you will.

The gurus here are trying to help the OP to a permanent solution because a bandaid just won't do.

Wynona, Jun 14, 2017
  9. Redbatman Win User
    I thank everyone for thier help. I will be getting an extrenal some time soon. But for now I will settle for Macrium rescue media.

Redbatman, Jun 14, 2017
  10. kado897 Win User
    Macrium rescue media is no use without a backup image to restore.

kado897, Jun 14, 2017
  11. Wynona Win User
    If you have the solution/information you want and need, there's a green button at the top that will allow you to "mark as solved" or something like that.

For those that have been especially helpful to you, there's a little thumbs up at the bottom of their posts. Click on that and give them the "reputation" they deserve. *Smile

Wynona, Jun 14, 2017
  12. Wynona Win User
    Yep, Keith, but Macrium is free; not so much the external drive. If I didn't have three or four of 'em, I'd have to wait until payday to get one. *Smile

Wynona, Jun 14, 2017
  13. Redbatman Win User

Macrium Help

Can't I just create a small one?

Redbatman, Jun 14, 2017
  14. Wynona Win User
    I don't see why not; you have the information you need to go further, in case it doesn't work. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Help

1. Macrium Help - Similar Threads - Macrium Help

2. Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem: This is a new one for me and I am stumped. This morning when I went to my file manager to delete the oldest backup, I noticed that all were dated yesterday and had become CBM files where normal is mrimg, Not knowing what to do I reinstalled the program and it made no...
  3. Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium

Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium: I've spent countless hours trying to research this so I can understand it and I'm still having issues. If I use software such as Macrium, I can clone my C drive to an SSD so that if my C drive were to fail, I could pop in the SSD and that's it. It's basically like nothing...
  4. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  5. Macrium Dual Boot Plan Help

Macrium Dual Boot Plan Help: Have: # 250 GB Samsung SSD installed on laptop with partitions: 1.17GB system, 221.95 GB W7 Ultimate, 9.76 GB Recovery # New 1TB Western Digital Blue SSD #Macrium image of 250 GB Samsung SSD with partitions: 1.17GB system, 198.66 GB W10, 9.76 GB Recovery. This was a clean...
  6. (Help) booted macrium reflect to rebuild bcd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Help) booted macrium reflect to rebuild bcd.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jiberesh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjcbkc/help_booted_macrium_reflect_to_rebuild_bcd/
  7. Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors

Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors: Hi, All of a sudden I started getting VSS errors in Macrium Reflect. They have utilities VSSFix which I ran. I made sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, restarted it. Uninstalled Acronis and Veracrypt - not sure if related. My drive is Bitlocker encrypted but it...
  8. Please try to help, Macrium Clone error but now original drive messed

Please try to help, Macrium Clone error but now original drive messed: Hi guys, so I am totally totally confused on this one and really in a bad situation. I have a HDD that is 1TB that I was cloning to a 500gb m.2 nvme SSD using Macrium free latest as of 4/19/2020 I select and drag all partitions from the original drive down to the clean...
  9. Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?

Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632
  10. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...