Windows 10: Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

Discus and support Macrium not backing up my Data Drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Im trying to make an image of my laptop partitions but when I open the backup image to explore it the D Data Drive is missing Below are captures of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Oct 2, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

Im trying to make an image of my laptop partitions but when I open the backup image to explore it
    the D Data Drive is missing
    Below are captures of my backup screen choices as well as the capture of the partitions contained in the image file Why is the backup file not including my D (data partition)??

Macrium not backing up my Data Drive [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Oct 2, 2017

2. Reset Win 10 Pro on Dell laptop.

Hi guys! I think I'll stay with my Macrium. I can click on the image, assign it a drive letter and mount it. Macrium also dismounts the drive when you restart or you can manually unmount the drive by clicking on it. I love my Macrium. I trust it to get
    me back up and running. I enjoyed all the replies. Lets do it again some time.

garybear89, Oct 2, 2017
  3. johnptd Win User
    How to backup Windows 10 to separate internal hard drive?

I have an identical 3 hard drive setup, except the 2nd drive is some programs and most data, and the 3rd drive is for backups only.

- What are you backing up to the 3rd drive?

- To where do you back up your data that's on the 3rd drive?

- If the 3rd drive fails, do you have an additional drive that backs up the data on the 3rd drive?

I strongly recommend using Macrium Reflect as a much better backup program. They have a free version and a paid version. Both have full and differential backup capability. The paid version also allows incremental backups and individual folder/file backups.
    It just works.

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Go up to the Backup menu and click on Image Selected Disks....
    Then you can select your second data drive to add to the backup image:

NavyLCDR, Oct 2, 2017
  5. provlima Win User
    Thank you for your message....I followed your advice and received the following error message ???

provlima, Oct 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You are trying to back up your G: drive to itself. Scroll down in the list of drives to backup and uncheck G: drive to remove it from the backup.

NavyLCDR, Oct 2, 2017
  7. provlima Win User
    I tried to image my hdd again and when I went to explore the Macrium image file it t only included the d data drive, not the other partitions.
    The target external backup drive is G
    What am I doing wrong????

provlima, Oct 2, 2017
  8. Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

When MR starts, as shown in your screenshot, it will show ALL your disks -- and, in fact, ALL of them are checked.

You have to scroll down to the second disk and CLICK on it to select it.

Once that is selected, you will see the line that says "Clone this Disk ... Image this Disk" move to the second disk. Select Image this Disk.

Then, select the destination disk.

Mark Phelps, Oct 4, 2017
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Both Macrium Reflect and Acronis True Image have a little bit of a learning curve. Early on, within MR, I found out I had to un-check the items not of interest for that specific session.
    Before MR, with Norton Ghost and ATI, I learned at that time to name my OS and data partitions names such as S03[YT0]C and S03[YT0]D respectively so that no matter how much drive letters got shuffled, no matter when screens I see in front of me during backups or restores -- I know exactly which physical hard-drive's partition is going to be backed up onto which external hard-drive [it also has a unique name].

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium not backing up my Data Drive - Similar Threads - Macrium backing Data

2. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  3. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  4. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Best way to back up my data

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to back up my data: Hi Experts, What is the best way to back up my data, which does not recopy entire data but copies the delta changes and also ensure my data is backed up. Hope, I don't have to buy software. Thanks in advance 171065
  6. Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.: Hi everyone having a problem with macrium backup. I have it set to do a image full backup every day (and have done this for years) Usual time for this was approx 16 minutes. Never had a problem, and have lost count of the times it has got me back on the road in times of...
  7. Backing up data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up data: So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)? If that's the case I'm...
  8. Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?: I've got five hard drives in my computer: C: - a 1TB M.2 SSD D: - a data pool consisting of two 2.5" 1TB drives which contains my Steam Library S: - a 3.5" 1TB drive that my User data is backed up to E: - a 3.5" 2TB drive that I want to clone or mirror the D: drive too....
  9. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive: So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than just format it. I noticed something peculiar and very distressing: when I deleted items from the app data folder on the old...
  10. install macrium back-up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    install macrium back-up: last night i reset my computer to as new when bought condition and i forgot i had the macrium backup, is it still possible to use the back-up and get everything back from three weeks ago? all programs that were not on the computer when bought are gone. all help and info...