Windows 10: Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update

Discus and support Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. zbook told me to post here about the problems I've had since the 1803 update. I haven't been able to boot into Windows since and the PC gets stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by framack4, May 25, 2018.

1. framack4 Win User

Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update

Hi. zbook told me to post here about the problems I've had since the 1803 update. I haven't been able to boot into Windows since and the PC gets stuck in a restart loop. I have Windows installed on my 248gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (C:\), and two 1TB HDDs (D:\ and E:\ respectively) for storage.

I've created macrium USB rescue media, but I can't work out how to fix the boot problems. I tried following this guide: Fix Boot Problems

When I click "Fix Windows Boot Problems", then click Add and type in "C:\Windows" it shows the C:\ partition as one of my 1TB HDDs (see below image). Furthermore, in the main screen the SSD is greyed-out and I can't select it or seem to do anything to it, and it says "File system: Empty" and says it has 248gb free space. Please see the below images as I'm just trying to explain what's in them.

So if possible I'd like to fix this issue, otherwise I don't mind reinstalling windows on the SSD - which I couldn't get to work with the bootable windows installation media, as that too wouldn't show up my SSD when I tried to install it.

Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update [​IMG]

Thank you for the help

:)

framack4, May 25, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 25, 2018
  3. booting&windows update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that process of Windows update is slow. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed any security software?
    Initially, I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.

It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update

1. Macrium not letting me fix boot - 1803 update - Similar Threads - Macrium letting fix

2. Windows 10 not letting me fix problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not letting me fix problem: Windows 10 Dell PC went pscho. Keyboard/mouse intermittently responsive but I can't get into any tools to sort out the problem. Pages partially locked up, restart just made it worse. Something is going on in the background but I can't access Task Manager to see what's...
  3. Windows 10 not letting me fix problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not letting me fix problem: Windows 10 Dell PC went pscho. Keyboard/mouse intermittently responsive but I can't get into any tools to sort out the problem. Pages partially locked up, restart just made it worse. Something is going on in the background but I can't access Task Manager to see what's...
  4. Is Macrium Reflect for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Macrium Reflect for me?: Recently my PC needs a complete wipe and I'm trying to backup everything. The PC doesn't have any access to the Internet. Could I copy Macrium to a hard drive, insert it into the PC, run it, save everything, wipe the PC, boot it up, and load everything back up from the...
  5. It's not letting me update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's not letting me update windows: So I updated my 20h2 windows 10 and now I'm having an issues So first I can't update my graphic drivers because it tell me to update windows and don't know how to fix this Please help I checked my winver and it said I was on 20h2 update which this is the update my pc is...
  6. Macrium Boot Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macrium Boot Question: Macrium Boot Question I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from. What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as...
  7. Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Fix windows 7 boot problems Macrium: After selecting fix windows boot problems in Macrium, it is showing 2 items. One System Reserved Partition, Second Partition C where windows is installed. Nothing is default tick. So where should I tick. Other thing in the next screen it again give 4 options, like Repair MBR,...
  8. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  9. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  10. Update Macrium Reflect Boot Menu Option?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Update Macrium Reflect Boot Menu Option?: About a year ago, I added a Macrium Reflect boot menu option but have never needed to use it. There have been several Reflect updates since then. Do I need to do anything to update this boot menu option? Also, how do you remove the boot menu option? 64087

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium rescue fix boot

2. macrium 1803