Windows 10: Macrium Refect Questions

Discus and support Macrium Refect Questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; OK I've run Macrium Refect before on my computer, with no problems. But now running from the boot dvd, its giving me 2 errors at different times. 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Macrium Refect Questions

OK I've run Macrium Refect before on my computer, with no problems. But now running from the boot dvd, its giving me 2 errors at different times. 1st error that it gives sometimes is, "Can't find boot drive" then it sends me to the HP recovery program. Just a program that checks different items on computer. I have run it once, finds nothing wrong.

I reboot after that, and go back to my desktop, with no problems. 24 sec's for boot time!! Try Macrium again, this time it has no problem finding my boot drive, boots into main menu, I try to create a system image, go thru all the settings, then it starts to make the system image, then it stops, with another error msg, "drive is not ready" and stops????

I have reinstalled Macrium, made a new boot dvd, same problems.

Now if I use my Acronis boot disk to make my system image file for my C-drive, it boots fine, no errors, makes the image file in 6 mins, and reboots me back to my OS.

Anyone know what the heck is going on with Macrium ????? Have used it before with no errors or problems, until now. ???

:)

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  2. korngear Win User

Updating Flash Player?

Good news. But I wanna know which original Flash version it refects?

Flash 8 or 9?

korngear, Oct 3, 2015
  3. BruceTR Win User
    Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

I'm using Macrium Reflect Free. Macrium doesn't provide support for the Free version. If they did, I'd be asking Macrium my question.

Macrium does offer a KB and a Forum. The Forum is view-only unless you own a paid version. You cannot post questions without owning a paid version.

In searching the KB and Forum, I could not find an answer to my question. Thus, I came here.

BruceTR, Oct 3, 2015
  4. edwar Win User

Macrium Refect Questions

This is a question that should be asked over at the Macrium forums.

Do you have the latest release of Refect, updated to work with Win 10?

edwar, Oct 3, 2015
  5. @OldMike65 are you leaving a compact disc in the machine at boot with Macrium?

PlatypusKnight, Oct 3, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Only disk is the DVD disk.

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    As far as I know I do its version 6.0.753 Thought that was the latest release.

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  8. edwar Win User

Macrium Refect Questions

Well I don't run Win 10 but I do run Win 7. I tried refect but always go back to Acronis as I've never had a problem with it. I too boot from a USB stick to do all my drive imaging. I'd say stick with what is working.

Again you should post this question over at the Macrium forums and or do a search, Google or at the Macrium forums, for like problems/posts.

edwar, Oct 3, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Already did the search on their web site, didn't find much about my problem. Tomorrow I will post them a question on this, just thought having so many folks on here using it, someone might already know the answer.

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  10. edwar Win User
    Yup. Always a good place to check. Best of luck to you.

edwar, Oct 3, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Just for info, I have been using acronis since 2006 and have all the updates up too 2016 version. Just bugs me about Macrium giving me those error msgs *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  12. @OldMike65 I note that you say you are using a boot DVD.

Why not use a boot USB or external drive?

I suspect that your DVD may be scratched, or otherwise defective now.

13. Macrium Refect Questions

Perhaps it's not my place to point this out, but...
    @edwar if you don't run Windows 10, why are you posting on Ten Forums giving advice to people who run an operating system that you don't run? You look suspiciously like someone else who was banned for similar behavior.

14. OldMike65 Win User
    I thought the same thing, so I made a NEW dvd this morning. Same errors....no change. As far as using my usb ports, never liked using my usb's for boot programs, seems like a waste of a memory stick. DVD's are cheaper. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 3, 2015
  15. I get the feeling OldMike65 that you think you can't use your USB to store stuff once you've made it bootable. I can assure you that's not the case.

Among my bootable USB capable drives I have a 500 GB External drive that I use as a Macrium boot drive. I store my images (and lots of other stuff) and it has absolutely no problems serving its dual roles.

As for the errors. Let me think about this a bit.

Thema:

Macrium Refect Questions

1. Macrium Refect Questions - Similar Threads - Macrium Refect Questions

2. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Question: Macrium Question –I am trying to restore an image.I get to a screen that says: Select a disk to restore to….I then select Next and I get a screen that says: Please select a destination disk.Can you tell me how to do the two steps above?Thank you,Jerry9/18/2021...
  3. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  4. Macrium question

Macrium question: A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable? 142460
  5. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  6. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  8. Macrium general questions

Macrium general questions: I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me. However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I decided to make an image of my production system and restore that image to a spare SSD. The image creation was successful...
  9. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  10. Macrium Question

Macrium Question: Using Macrium, I created a Rescue Media disk and then created a System Image of my C drive and saved it on a backup HD. When the process completed, I checked Explorer to make sure that all folders and files I had selected from the partition to image, were in a Backup folder I...