Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Mar 15, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have Win 10 presently. I am asking this because I could not check this when restored from Macrium.

:)

2. windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

I have three PC's. Two of them have the new Macrium Reflect Free Edition, i.e. version 6. One PC still has the old version 4.2. The PC's with the new Macrium version 6 upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and from 8.1 Pro with no issues. The Windows 7 Pro PC
    with the old Macrium version failed with the pssnap.sys page fault. I suggest removing Macrium prior to upgrading to Windows 10 and then installing Macrium version 6 after Windows 10 is up and running.

McDonnell John, Mar 15, 2016
  3. What hard drive clone software works with Windows 10

I use Acronis True Image Home 2016 and Macrium Reflect 6 Free.

Cbarnhorst, Mar 15, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium will include these folders. To test it:
    Copy some files to Documents, Pictures ...
    Create a backup image
    Double click on the backup image and mount C drive then explore these folders, those files should be included and that's how you use Macrium to selectively restore file(s) from backup image.

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2016
  5. sam9 Win User
    What does mount mean whether it means restoring or if it means only cheking then how to mount. Whether needed some software to mount. Sorry for my less knowledge.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The mount option will create a new virtual drive letter that is exploring the backup image file. You will select the backup image file, click mount (which will require Macrium Relfect to mount it), the it will ask you which "drive" or partition you want to mount from the image, select C: drive. Check the box for allow access to restricted folders. Macrium Reflect will then create a new drive letter, probably E:, F: or G: and it will look like the C: drive that you backed up. When you are done, right click on the drive letter that was created and there will be an option to unmount it with Macrium Reflect and it will just disappear - the backup image file itself won't be changed or deleted.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect free

2. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  3. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Macrium Reflect Free Questions: Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a day copying current data to a WD Elements external drive, so I'm covered with having current backups of that. First question:...
  7. Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions

Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions: I replaced Acronis with the free Reflect version either per this forum or the Win7 forum earlier this year, and haven't looked back since. I received an offer email from Macrium regarding the Home edition and saw a few abilities that might make 'paid' sense. Although I...
  8. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  9. Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question

Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question: Hi All, I made a Macrium Reflect 6 free version boot USB drive and thought I would put it in to make sure it worked. I get two Kinston USB drive boot options, which one should I use to boot up with? Thanks [img] 26068
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...