Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, recently my PC was working fine but suddenly i got boot problem like "a device is not connected" and later on "BCD boot file configuration not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Saad Anwar, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system

Hi, recently my PC was working fine but suddenly i got boot problem like "a device is not connected" and later on "BCD boot file configuration not valid". After a lot of fuss, i downloaded Macrium Reflect USB with WinPE 10. I first used Rufus with NTFS file format to create the bootable Macrium USB but when booted, Marcium reflect neither found an operating system nor showing any hard disk in the computer, allthough its showing in the BIOS. Later on I googled and found that I should make a bootable USB using Fat32 file system since I have UEFI BIOS. So i did that and still Macrium Reflect shows nothing. I dont want to install windows again, but want to restore it to the previous working condition. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PC Configuration:
    Intel Core i5 Skylake
    Gigabyte H110 S2PH
    Kingston 8GB Hyper X
    1 TB SATA WD Black

:)

Saad Anwar, Feb 25, 2017

2. Boot disc System Image Recover not possible from USB

What I'd do is not bother with WIndows imaging in this case, since it frequently won't recover to a new hard drive anyway. Instead plug back in the old hard drive and create an image using the best free app

Macrium Reflect is a Free and Easy To Use Backup Utility
    along with it's Rescue Disk, then swap out the hard drives and boot the disk to restore to it, fully automated and failure-free.

Restoring a System image from Windows

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 25, 2017
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    Windows 10 Build 16226 System Image Fails

Hello DUCKS151,

What are your saving the system image to....an external drive, a DVD disk, or an USB thumb drive? Windows 10
    does not allow a system image to be saved to a USB drive....can't say why.....only the former two options.

Consider using a third party disk imaging program such as Macrium Reflect (Free Version) to perform disk imaging to an USB drive.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Feb 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system

It sounds quite possible your hard disk, interface or cable is faulty. I.e. a hardware problem, not Windows.

Suggest you check inside and make sure everything is seated firmly.

I expect others more familiar with desktop PC hardware issues will help.

Do you have full backups or disk images? If you have been using disk imaging routinely as we strongly and frequently recommend, you will be able to recover quite quickly even if you have to replace your drive without reinstalling Windows.

dalchina, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system

1. Macrium Reflect 6 USB neither Showing Hard Disk nor Operating system - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect USB

2. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  3. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  4. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  5. Macrium Reflect Free Error - The Usb Disk Contains The Maximum Number

Macrium Reflect Free Error - The Usb Disk Contains The Maximum Number: Hello, I've been trying to create system image for a couple of days. On Macrium Reflect Free I got an error "The USB Disk Contains The Maximum Number Of Partitions Allowed. Please Try A Different USB Disk Or Remove Partitions. On YouTube people suggest some...
  6. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question

Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question: Hi All, I made a Macrium Reflect 6 free version boot USB drive and thought I would put it in to make sure it worked. I get two Kinston USB drive boot options, which one should I use to boot up with? Thanks [img] 26068
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...